FP&A Analyst - London Bridge, London
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Cottons Centre (Finance)
Being curious and open to new ideas? It's an iQ thing.
iQ is one of the UK's biggest providers of student accommodation, committed to giving our 30,000 students in 77 sites across 29 UK cities their best year yet.
Our London- and Manchester-based support teams are the oil that keeps the iQ wheels turning, providing our brilliant site teams (circa 600 employees) with everything they need to deliver a fantastic student experience every day. The iQ Support functions cover everything from Real Estate and Legal to Marketing, People and Finance, but what we all have in common is our uncompromising commitment to doing the right thing, even when nobody's watching. The iQ thing.
What makes a great iQer?
iQers are a pretty special bunch. Our team is bursting with independent thinkers and problem solvers, who join us to explore what's possible and build a career as part of a diverse, fun and supportive team. If you have people skills, personality and potential, you're already our cup of tea. Ready to feel like you've got the best job ever?
About the Role
Are you currently looking for your first move into an FP&A environment? Are you looking for a role in a fast-paced environment with good exposure to senior management and involvement across all areas of the business? Then this could be the role for you.
We are looking for an FP&A Analyst to join our team reporting to the FP&A Manager. The team plays a key role in Finance at iQ driving business performance and supporting the delivery of our long term strategic plan.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the FP&A Manager this role will support all aspects of the financial planning for the business, including long-range plans, the annual budgeting process and in-year reforecast updates ensuring clear communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring all inputs for the long-range plan and other forecasting processes are gathered from the business and correctly reflected in our business planning tool (Anaplan), working closely with the Revenue Management, Asset Management and Operations teams.
- Support the maintenance and development of Anaplan to improve functionality, and becoming a superuser within the finance function.
- Work closely with Treasury to support the production of accurate monthly cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare cost/benchmarking analysis for all investment opportunities, to support our M&A plan
- Maintain and improve the cost underwriting model, looking to improve accuracy from both internal and external data points
- Support the Operations team to ensure cost controls are in place and to identify areas for cost efficiencies, articulating performance to the Exec committee
- Production of insightful analysis to be included in monthly Exec reporting packs.
- Ad hoc Exec and external shareholder reporting, including the production of the regular shareholder updates, coordinating strategic updates from across the business
Skills and Experience:
- Newly Qualified accountant CIMA/ACA/ACCA
- Experience of working with large volumes of excel-based information
- Strong knowledge of Excel, FP&A databases and similar systems
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Experience of using databases and other analytical tools
- Advanced Excel
- Strong presentation style- in PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to build effective relationships both in and outside Finance
- Ability to multi-task and use initiative to prioritise effectively under pressure
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced role and adapt to changing priorities
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills
- Good communicator with the ability to interpret and explain complex financial data to both Finance and non-Finance teams
Apply today and find out what it's like to work at iQ!
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time)
- Additional day off to celebrate your birthday
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension: we match your contributions up to 8%
- Gym Discounts
- Life Assurance
- Access to thousand's of discounts and offers at shops you know and love
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working policy