Seasonal Team Member - YHA Helvellyn
YHA Helvellyn Welcomes You to a Unique Place of Work!
Looking for work opportunities in hospitality?
YHA Helvellyn is close to Ullswater and the Lake District village of Glenridding, and located 963 feet above sea level at the foot of England's third highest mountain. For anyone who enjoys the outdoors, there are at least eight summits to reach from the hostel door plus a huge range of opportunities for running, mountain biking and scrambling. It welcomes mainly like-minded guests, who come for is fantastic setting and the warm welcome offered by its staff. Despite its isolated setting, it is easy to access by rail and bus and is half an hour from the M6.
Our hostel offers an entirely distinctive workplace, far from the ordinary office setting. At YHA Helvellyn, we believe in valuing our team members and ensuring they have access to great perks:
- Competitive hourly rate: We offer a pay of £10.42 per hour - this will increase to £11.44 from March 2024 in line with National Living Wage. (this role is flexible, 25 - 42 hours per week, on a temporary contract) While we would ideally like someone for the whole season, we would consider a shorter term.
- Accommodation options: If needed, live-in accommodation is available at a reasonable rate of £60.90 per week.
- Exclusive benefits: Enjoy access to YHA's staff discount and cashback portal, allowing you to save on your everyday purchases.
- Free YHA Membership: Receive a complimentary YHA Membership each year.
- Travel and adventure: Discover new places with 10 free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family members.
There's a multitude of advantages to being part of the YHA team. To explore more about the benefits we offer, visit our YHA Jobs website today. Join us for a unique work experience and discover the YHA difference for yourself.
Become a Vital Part of Our Inclusive Team at YHA - Your Journey Starts Here
At YHA, we believe in the power of diverse perspectives and unique experiences. Our vision is to create an environment where every individual is celebrated for who they are and what they bring to our team.
The Role: Your Key Contributions
As a Hospitality Team Member, you'll play a crucial role in making our guests' experiences memorable. Your efforts will be at the core of our mission to provide exceptional hospitality, regardless of your background or experience.
- Providing warm hospitality and great customer service to all our customers, members and guests.
- Working on reception and offering insights about the hostel and the local area, ensuring every guest feels informed and welcomed.
- Utilising our systems for efficient guest check-ins and check-outs and food & beverage sales and service.
- Carrying out cleaning and housekeeping duties, ensuring a comfortable and clean environment for all guests.
- Assisting in the preparation of food in the kitchen and serving food and drinks with genuine warmth, hospitality, and pride that will influence in more sales. Suggesting enjoying dinner with us or offering a beverage or dessert as you assist with table service, ensuring a diverse and welcoming experience for all guests.
What We Value
At YHA, we understand the richness of life experiences, and we place just as much importance on lived experiences as we do on skills and knowledge. We provide a robust induction, ongoing training, and opportunities for personal growth. While certain roles may require specific skills, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Ready to Join Us?
If this opportunity resonates with you, we invite you to submit your CV and complete our brief application form. Feel free to attach a cover letter to further express your unique qualifications and experiences. If you require any assistance, our YHA Jobs website's contact page is available to support you.
For more insights into the YHA charity, our unique culture, and rich heritage, please explore our jobs website. Our primary strategic priority is to make YHA accessible for all, an essential part of our charitable mission. We actively seek to build a diverse team, and we extend a warm welcome to applicants from all backgrounds. To find out more about this you can visit the EDI section of our website.
Learn More About Us
To gain a deeper understanding of what it's like to be a part of YHA, visit the 'Working for YHA' pages on our YHA Jobs website.
Join YHA, and let's embark on this incredible journey together. Your distinct perspective and experiences are valuable assets to our inclusive community.Bottom of Form
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
YHA Job Title - Team Member
Keywords: Hospitality Assistant, Team Member, Hospitality Team Member