Duty Manager (Nights) - YHA Manchester
YHA Manchester are looking to recruit a Duty Manager (Nights) for 34 hours per week across 4 night shifts. Flexibility is needed as occasionally extra hours will be available to cover holidays etc up to a maximum of 42.5 hours.
YHA Manchester is a busy city hostel accommodating a good mix of groups, families and solo travelers throughout the year. We are currently undergoing works to add a further 17 rooms bringing our occupancy up to 212. We'll also be redeveloping our bar and creating 2 ground floor meeting rooms. We are located in the historic Castlefield area of Manchester, next to the canal.
What can YHA offer you?
YHA Manchester is somewhere a little different, certainly not your average office. YHA offers a fantastic benefits package including:
- We pay £11.57 per hour PAY AWARD PENDING (this role is flexible, 34 hours per week, permanent contract)
- You will get access to YHA’s staff discount and cash back portal
- Free YHA Membership each year
- 10 nights free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family
There’s lots more benefits to working for YHA so please visit our YHA Jobs website to find out more.
What Skills and Experience do you need to be a Duty Manager (Nights)?
Our Duty Manager (nights) role requires flexibility to cover different tasks & responsibilities. It’s an advantage but not essential to have previously worked in a face-to-face role with customers. Experience** in hospitality or customer service is desirable.
Duties vary so good communication* skills, excellent timekeeping and basic IT skills are advantages.
Knowledge and understanding of YHA’s core purpose and experience of working in a team would also be beneficial.
What will you be doing as a Duty Manager (Nights)?
Our Duty Manager (nights) supports our Deputy Manager (Nights) to ensure the quality of service is maintained throughout the night, delivering excellent service to all of our guests and giving them a great experience with YHA. A key part of this role will be to support in maximising on all sales opportunities during the night.
Your day-to-day duties may include:
- Directing and supporting team members working on reception
- Resolving difficult situations and emergencies in a professional and efficient manner
- Liaising with guests and residents in the hostel, dealing with any problems and resolving complaints in a courteous and professional manner
- Ensuring the security of the hostel by carrying out checks at regular intervals with emphasis on security, and fire safety
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Ensuring regular hostel inspections
- Carry out reception duties as necessary such as late check-ins, early check-outs, extending stays etc.
- Carrying out cleaning duties and ensuring all tasks are completed to standard.
- Preparing for breakfast service
- Supporting our Deputy Manager (Nights) in their duties and responsibilities, especially in their absence.
- Carry out a comprehensive hand over to early Duty Manager before end of shift
Our night team will be led by our Deputy Manager (Nights), supported by you and two night team members. You will have on average 2 shifts with our Deputy Manager (Nights) to help develop, mentor and train you in the role.
How do you apply?
Submit your CV and complete the application form (it’s a short one, we promise!). If you need any assistance, please visit the contact page on the YHA Jobs website and someone from the team will help you.
Who are YHA?
If you would like to find out more about YHA the charity, the culture, the heritage and so much more please visit our jobs website.
YHA’s core strategic priority is access for all. It is a fundamental part of our charitable objects and the foundation upon which our 90-year history is built. We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone.
You can find out more about us by visiting the ‘Working for YHA’ pages of the YHA Jobs website.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
YHA Job Title – Duty Manager
Keywords: Night Manager, Night Team Leader, Night Supervisor, Security, Night Receptionist