Seasonal Team member - Bardon Mill, Hexham
Join Our Seasonal Team - Embrace the Opportunity
YHA The Sill Hadrians Wall Welcomes You to a Unique Place of Work!
YHA The Sill Hadrians Wall is a stunning new purpose built 88 bed hostel just a short 10 minute walk to the historic Hadrians Wall. We are attached to the Sill Discovery Centre where regular fairs and events take place throughout the year. The area immediately surrounding the hostel is great for walking and running and is situated on both the Hadrians wall way and Pennine Way. If history is your thing then the Vindolanda roman fort and museum is a short walk away, and many roman forts linked along Hadrians wall. The historic towns and cities of Hexham, Carlisle are a short drive away, and if you are feeling in need of some city fun so is Newcastle (there is an excellent bus and train service to these areas as well, from the front of the hostel). The small town of Haltwhistle (the centre of Britain!) is 4 miles away and has shops, cafes and pubs.
We have the renowned twice brewed pub next door that has, in addition to its award winning ales brewed on site, a planetarium as well. This is as we are located in in an area awarded ‘International Dark Sky Park (Gold Tier)’ status, so the universe is also at your fingertips.
We are a super busy hostel with varied guests from sole use groups to families and individual bookings from guests from all over the world. Come and join our friendly and enthusiastic team, we cant wait to welcome you.
Our hostel offers an entirely distinctive workplace, far from the ordinary office setting. At YHA The Sill Hadrians Wall, we believe in valuing our team members and ensuring they have access to great perks:
- Competitive hourly rate: We offer a pay of £10.42 per hour - this will increase to £11.44 from March 2024 in line with National Living Wage.
- Accommodation options: This is a Live Out position.
- Exclusive benefits: Enjoy access to YHA's staff discount and cashback portal, allowing you to save on your everyday purchases.
- Free YHA Membership: Receive a complimentary YHA Membership each year.
- Travel and adventure: Discover new places with 10 free hostel stays per year for you and up to 3 friends or family members.
There's a multitude of advantages to being part of the YHA team. To explore more about the benefits we offer, visit our YHA Jobs website today. Join us for a unique work experience and discover the YHA difference for yourself.
The Role: A Season of Versatility
As a Seasonal Team Member, you have the opportunity to embrace a variety of tasks that contribute to the overall guest experience. Your adaptability is at the heart of our mission.
- Providing warm hospitality and great customer service to all our customers, members and guests.
- Working on reception and offering insights about the hostel and the local area, ensuring every guest feels informed and welcomed.
- Utilising our systems for efficient guest check-ins and check-outs and food & beverage sales and service.
- Carrying out cleaning and housekeeping duties, ensuring a comfortable and clean environment for all guests.
- Assisting in the preparation of food in the kitchen and serving food and drinks with genuine warmth, hospitality, and pride that will influence in more sales. Suggesting enjoying dinner with us or offering a beverage or dessert as you assist with table service, ensuring a diverse and welcoming experience for all guests.
What Skills and Experience We Value
We value lived experiences just as much as previous skills and knowledge. We offer a robust induction, ongoing training, and further development, recognising that our roles can vary. While some positions may require specific skills, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Good communication skills and basic IT proficiency are advantageous. Excellent time management is essential in our dynamic environment.
Ready to Join Us?
If this opportunity resonates with you, we invite you to submit your CV and complete our brief application form. Feel free to attach a cover letter to further express your unique qualifications and experiences. If you require any assistance, our YHA Jobs website's contact page is available to support you.
To explore the YHA charity, our unique culture, rich heritage, and more, please visit our jobs website. Our primary strategic priority is to make YHA accessible for all, an essential part of our charitable mission. We actively seek to build diverse teams and extend a warm welcome to applicants from all backgrounds. To find out more about this you can visit the EDI section of our website.
Learn More About Us
To gain a deeper understanding of what it's like to be a part of YHA, visit the 'Working for YHA' pages on our YHA Jobs website.
Join YHA, and let's embark on this incredible journey together. Your unique perspective and experiences are valuable assets to our inclusive community.
PLEASE NOTE All relevant checks are in place to ensure safeguarding and legal requirements of safer recruitment are adhered to.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
YHA Job Title - Team Member
Keywords: Hospitality Assistant, Team Member, Hospitality Team Member