Assistant Project Manager - London Bridge, London
Being curious and open to new ideas? It's an iQ thing.
iQ is one of the UK's biggest providers of student accommodation, committed to giving our 30,000 students in 77 sites across 29 UK cities their best year yet.
Our London- and Manchester-based support teams are the oil that keeps the iQ wheels turning, providing our brilliant site teams (circa 600 employees) with everything they need to deliver a fantastic student experience every day. The iQ Support functions cover everything from Real Estate and Legal to Marketing, People and Finance, but what we all have in common is our uncompromising commitment to doing the right thing, even when nobody's watching. The iQ thing.
What makes a great iQer?
iQers are a pretty special bunch. Our team is bursting with independent thinkers and problem solvers, who join us to explore what's possible and build a career as part of a diverse, fun and supportive team. If you have people skills, personality and potential, you're already our cup of tea. Ready to feel like you've got the best job ever?
About the Role
IQ is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to work closely with the Project Manager and Capital Projects Team to develop and execute the delivery of capital project initiatives for a defined portfolio of residential assets.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for assisting with the development, coordination, and execution of defined refurbishment projects.
- Manage and coordinate site meetings and discussions throughout the contract period to liaise with construction professionals, and internal counterparties.
- Manage daily activities on the ground on allocated projects, including key stakeholder liaison, site meetings, quality checking and sign-off.
- Monitoring of all project programmes.
- Work closely with Operation Teams to ensure projects are delivered to the required standard.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships; communicate and collaborate closely with internal Operational & Property counterparts.
- Ensure compliance with all quality and health and safety standards.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with Capital Projects Team to ensure timely decisions are made.
- Reporting all updates as defined by PM.
- Delivery of budgets as defined per project supported by the Commercial Team
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience in Project Management
- Management experience in property/ estates management role
- Experience of managing within budgetary constraints.
- Ability to deal confidently with and support senior managers.
- Effective communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of budgetary management.
We work a hybrid working model a with 2/3 days in our office based in London Bridge.
Apply today and find out what it's like to work at iQ!