Maintenance Assistant - Sutton Coldfield
We have a fantastic opportunity for Shift Engineer to work in our dynamic team at The Belfry, England's leading Hotel and Resort. We have 320 bedrooms, 2 rosette standard dining, five food and beverage outlets, fantastic leisure facilities including our 20 treatment rooms & pool and of course, what we are famous for...golf. We have a really exciting year ahead at The Belfry, hosting The British Masters in August 2024, and continuing with the launch of new training and development opportunities and incentives.
The maintenance team ensure our Resort is at its very best for our guests and teams, to allow for the effective operation of facilities within the hotel. The team are proactive with repairs requiring multi-skilled abilities due to the varied nature of the work they carry out. Whilst the team works autonomously in a fast-paced environment, they liaise and communicate with every single departments in the resort
The on-target earning potential for this role is 25896 annual salary, compromising of a base salary of 24773 plus a qualified estimate of 1123 Gratuities per annum
About the role
This role is for 40 hours per week working a variety of shifts and will include weekends and evenings.
As a multi-skilled maintenance Shift Engineer you will be attending various reactive maintenance issues in a Hotel Environment.
You will also be responsible for
- To carry out PPM checks in all front of house areas in line with resort requirements
- To carry out weekly, monthly and quarterly compliance checks in line with resort requirements
- To ensure all jobs given to you have been completed in a tidy and timely manner
- To comply with H&S, Food Safety and Fire Safety policies at all times.
- To safeguard the company's property at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable requests by the Chief Engineer or Property Office.
- To carry out other duties that may be necessary from time to time.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar position and setting.
In addition to this you will
- A positive approach, excellent organisational skills, and a passion for producing high quality customer care and property safety.
- Computer literacy is preferred, however full systems training is provided
- Excellent time management skills
Discounted gym membership and access to team-led fitness sessions, such as our Belfry running club
Team social events throughout the year
Belfry-wide wellness programme with external speakers, focusing on 'mind, body & soul'
The Burnt Chef Project partnership, offering unlimited, fully-funded counselling and mental health support
Wagestream access to all employees - track earnings, saving accounts, and access to wages when you want
Healthcare schemes: life assurance, 24-hour GP, health cash-plans
Employee Assistance Programme
The Belfry is committed to the Hotelier's Charter, demonstrating our commitment to our people
Showing some appreciation
Long service awards
Additional paid holiday for long service
Free meals on shift in our canteen
Annual Belfry awards
Team appreciation events
Fantastic resort discounts across restaurants, bars, retail, and golf
Bed & Breakfast from 35 per room
Free staff parking
Subsidised taxi service for those who don't drive
Live-in accommodation for up to 3 months
Learning & Development
Excellent training and career opportunities
Internal career pathways programmes
Access to The Belfry Campus Learning
Commitment to developing our team through apprenticeship programmes
Making a difference
Belfry ESG committee, dedicated to delivering an environmentally sustainable business
Supporting industry, local and national charities
Pledges made on 'Make Good Grow', offering our team's expertise and support to good causes