Commis Chef (Colleague Restaurant) - Blackfriars, London
We are delighted to be advertising for a Commis Chef – Colleague Restaurant at Hyatt’s newest UK hotel located in London Blackfriars.
About Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars
Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars is a Grade II listed hotel located in the heart of the City, offering 204 stylish guest rooms and suites. Buried in the heart of the historic Square Mile directly outside Blackfriars station, close to St Paul’s Cathedral, the Tate Modern and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. The Grade II listed hotel is steeped in regal history, residing on the former grounds of King Henry VIII's Bridewell Palace. Newly opened, the hotel will boast a conference floor with 4 meeting spaces, 2 restaurants and 1 signature bar.
Duties and tasks related to the Commis Chef role include:
- The Commis Chef is accountable for preparing a consistent, high quality food product in order to provide guests with a memorable dining experience, in addition to serving our colleagues
- To be familiar with all necessary food items on all departmental menus
- Utilize your collaborative knowledge of the culinary department wherever possible, displaying initiative when problem solving
- Develop positive relationships with all leaders
- Perform and maintain stock rotation
- Follow standard recipe procedures at all times, taking notes where required
- Minimize waste to help ensure that the budget and sustainability measures are adhered to
- Knowledge of seasonal produce and new products on the market
- Ensure hygiene and sanitation guidelines are strictly adhered to, and that equipment and utensils are handled, maintained and used correctly
Benefits of the Commis Chef role include:
- 12 complimentary nights per year of service across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- Employee and Friends & Family rates across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- F&B Discounts of up to 50% in selected Hyatt UK Restaurants & Bars
- Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
- Free meals on duty
- Workplace pension scheme
- Continuous Learning & Development opportunities
At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Empathy, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Experimentation and Wellbeing. Joining us means you will be part of a large, stable, international Hyatt family which has over 1100 hotels in over 70 different countries and is recognised as a UK Great Place to Work Company!
If this sounds like the Commis Chef role for you then please apply today!