Head Chef - NYnLON - Blackfriars, London
NYnLON is a local bistro inspired by Amelia's friendships and love of New York and London neighbourhoods, set within an upscale and laid-back design having a healthy bias toward sustainable and natural wines. You will find comfort food recipes from Amelia's experiences in New York and London offering a menu of highly desirable grass-fed, aged prime cuts, an amazing Kale Caesar salad, a delectable Prawn cocktail or a mouth water Red Velvet cake. Our concept is all about those meaningful moments and food stories told around the table as we celebrate the charm and local traditions rich with the heritage and influences of these two great cities
Duties and tasks related to the Head Chef role include
- Reporting to the Director of Food & Beverage, the Head Chef will oversee the entire culinary operation of the restaurant
- Creating new and exciting menus in line with industry trends
- Work successfully with the Restaurant Manager to maximise guest satisfaction and enhance guest experiences
- Train, coach & mentor culinary colleagues to make sure that they have the skills necessary to perform their duties, ensuring maximum colleague engagement
- Recruit future culinary talent and manage the performance of the team
We are looking for a strong Head Chef, who has the mindset of running the operation as a Stand alone venue, however, has experience of operational flexibility and the right attitude of working through teams. Ideally, a skilled and talented Head Chef who has experience in running a good venue within Hyatt, with knowledge of Menu recipe management, Birchstreet, Menu engineering and basic P&L understanding to name a few administrative skills.
Benefits of the Head Chef role include
- Weekends off as the restaurant is operational Monday to Friday
- 12 complimentary nights a year across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
- Discounted hotel stays across Hyatt not just for you but also your family and friends from the day you start!
- Free meals on duty
- 50% discount on food and beverages when you dine as a guest at selected Hyatt Hotels
- Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
- Headspace membership and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities to provide you with a clear career path as well as job promotion opportunities across Hyatt Hotels worldwide
About Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars
Hyatt Regency London Blackfriars is a Grade II listed hotel located in the heart of the City, offering 205 stylish guest rooms and suites. Buried in the heart of the historic Square Mile directly outside Blackfriars station, close to St Paul’s Cathedral, the Tate Modern and Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. The Grade II listed hotel is steeped in regal history, residing on the former grounds of King Henry VIII's Bridewell Palace. The hotel will boast a conference floor with 4 meeting spaces, 2 restaurants and 1 signature bar.
At Hyatt ‘We care for people so they can be their best’. This is demonstrated in our values of Empathy, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Experimentation and Wellbeing. Joining us means you will be part of the ever-growing Hyatt family which has 1150 hotels in over 70 countries and is recognised as a Great Place to Work Company!
Being part of Hyatt means always having space to be you. We are passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion. Our global teams are a mosaic of cultures, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities and identities.
Join a team that is making travel more human. Connected. Sustainable. Here, everyone's role matters. Opportunities are yours to shape. Your individuality is celebrated. At the heart of Hyatt is our shared belief that hospitality is more than just a job – it’s a career for people who care.
Next steps: If this sounds like the Head Chef role for you then please apply today!