Kitchen Porter (Full-Time) - Glasgow
At voco Grand Central Hotel, we have an exciting opening to join our team as a Kitchen Porter...
We are looking for someone who can commit to Full-Time, across 5 shifts per week. Being flexible would be a great plus!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days. At voco Hotels we are reliably different, the trusted name above the door but with a distinctive character. We believe that everyone is a host and are looking for someone who can help us create memorable experiences for our guests.
We are paying 10.90 per hour plus service charge, all hours worked paid for.
As a Kitchen Porter your main duties and responsibilities will be working in our fast-paced Kitchen environment and supporting the team by washing our cooking equipment, keeping the area clean and tidy and ensuring sanitisation of important workspaces! To thrive in this role, the key skills & experience you'll ideally already have are:
- Experience working as a Kitchen Porter or as Prep Chef would be preferred
- Ability to work to a fast pace and help out where needed
- Willing to learn new things and work as part of our wider Hotel team!
So why work for us (aside from joining an awesome team...)? Well, look no further!
- 10.90 per hour plus service charge and free meals whilst on duty!
- Incentives to earn more each month with gratuities (where eligible) being paid monthly through our Tronc system...
- Paid holidays, generous maternity/paternity pay and enhanced sick pay! Plus subsidised child care support, helping support you and your family.
- Travel support when commuting during unsocial hours (Taxis subsidised for late-finishes where no public transport is available)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates allowing you explore destinations across the world (IHG Hotels and Resorts have over 6,000 Hotels and growing)
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our portal!
- Employee assistance programme 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to on site Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- 2 paid volunteering days per year, giving you the room to make a difference to your local community and get involved with social issues you really care about
- Most importantly, we'll give you room to grow and develop you as an individual through our extensive training, development, and additional learning opportunities!
What is it like to work for voco Grand Central Hotel?
At voco, we believe everyone is a host and our team deliver this by being flexible, empowered unscripted, knowledgeable, engaging, attentive and driving our voco one team vision. Our voco Grand Central Hotel celebrates 140 years of history, a wall of fame showing the famous faces who have built the reputation of Glasgow's most loved hotel. Champagne Central is the perfect spot for a specialist cocktail with a view of the hustle of Central Station. voco means to come together and our team are self-confessed lovers of fun whilst also providing our guests with the high-standard stay that they expect. If you are looking for a welcoming environment where your differences are celebrated not hidden, then click apply today!
Does this sound like a team you would love to be a part of? If so, please apply today and check out our Instagram page @vocograndcentral!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At IHG, we've made a promise. As one of the world's leading hotel groups, we're here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected - wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
voco brand comes to life in hotels that you can count on but that are different enough to be fun. Unstuffy hotels, where people feel comfortable to relax, and just get on with relaxing. Hotels that are built on sustainability where we look after the planet with the same care as we look after our guests and colleagues. Let's Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.