Chef Academy Apprentice - Edinburgh
At Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel, we are excited to launch our Chef Academy giving the chance for someone to kick-start their career in a professional Kitchen and gain a qualification along the way...
We have an opportunity for someone who is looking for a new career path which will allow you to showcase your creativity and gain qualifications and skills along the way!
We are offering the chance for you to join our Chef Academy apprenticeship programme taking 15 months to complete. We are looking for someone who is available full-time, 40 hours per week (combined on-job and off-job learning).
What is the Chef Academy apprenticeship programme?
Our unique apprenticeship programme provides you with a combination working full time in our Kitchens and learning along the way, everything that you will need to kick-start a career in professional kitchens. You will be guided throughout by a professional Chef mentor from within our award-winning Hotel kitchens and complete masterclasses to teach you skills and knowledge required.
Our masterclasses cover topics such as Fishery, Butchery and Pastry - giving you broad experience across all sections of a professional kitchen. With the addition of supplier visits, this truly unique opportunity will equip you with an enhanced understanding of kitchens!
Why choose IHG Hotels and Resorts to kick-start your Kitchen career?
- 11.60 per hour whilst on the programme, with the chance to apply for a Commis Chef across our restaurants upon completion and continue your career with us
- Unique chance to learn our award-winning Kitchen, BABA restaurant, and experience the fast-paced environment of an extremely popular restaurant
- Our full investment into kick-starting your career - you will be provided with everything you need to succeed, such as a personalised Chefs jacket, full set of knives, masterclasses, and supplier visits!
- Recognised qualifications - you will gain your Level 2 in Food Production and Cooking after completion of the programme
- Learning from the best - you will gain a great amount of knowledge from experienced Chefs throughout our hotels and your mentor will be able to give you valuable insight
- Our benefits - we offer a huge range of benefits including an incredible employee discount programme across all our properties; discounts at many retailers; generous friends and family discounts; opportunities to learn, grow and progress; enhanced sick pay, maternity pay and paternity pay; and lots more!
Sound like this could be for you? To be successful in your application, we are looking for someone who has...
- Passion for food and a large interest in professional kitchens, excited to start a career by creating special culinary experiences!
- High personal and professional standards - willing to dedicate 15 months to the programme and give it your all
- A desire to learn on-the-job whilst receiving continuous support from our experienced chefs
- You must be aged 16+ and not already in full-time education to be eligible for this post
- Above all, willing to get stuck in and make the most of this opportunity!
If this sounds like the right career path for you - don't hesitate to apply today! Please be aware that your personal details will be shared with our Apprentice Provider (Inspiro Learning) as part of the screening process.
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At IHG, we've made a promise. As one of the world's leading hotel groups, we're here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected - wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants crafts unique destinations that kindle heartfelt human connections. Our bespoke spaces blend spirit, style and delight to create an addictive culture of refined irreverence where locals, visitors & colleagues seamlessly connect. Let's Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.