Kitchen Porter (Full-Time) - Edinburgh
At Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel, we have an exciting opening to join our team as a Kitchen Porter...
We are looking for someone who can commit to Full-Time, across 5 shifts per week. Being flexible would be a great plus!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required. At Kimpton we encourage our Team Members to Be Yourself and Lead Yourself! We will be there to support you each step of the way.
We are paying 11.60 per hour, all overtime is paid for.
As a Kitchen Porter your main duties and responsibilities will be working in our fast-paced Kitchen environment and supporting the team by washing our cooking equipment, keeping the area clean and tidy and ensuring sanitisation of important workspaces! To smash this role out of the park, the key skills & experience you'll ideally already have are:
- Experience working as a Kitchen Porter or as Prep Chef would be preferred
- Ability to work to a fast pace and help out where needed
- Willing to learn new things and work as part of our wider Hotel team!
So why work for us (aside from joining an awesome team...)? Well, look no further!
- 11.60 per hour, paid overtime plus free meals whilst on duty!
- Incentives to earn more each month with our Tronc programme (where eligible)
- Paid holidays, generous maternity/paternity pay and enhanced sick pay! Plus subsidised child care support, helping support you and your family.
- Travel support when commuting during unsocial hours (Taxis subsidised for late-finishes where no public transport is available) plus seasonal travel ticket loan (deducted from your paycheck monthly)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates plus an Overnight stay (for you and a plus 1) when probationary period passed
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our portal!
- 20% off Spa Treatments and 15.00 gym membership in our managed Edinburgh properties, plus 25% off in all restaurants & Bars within both Kimpton Charlotte Square & InterContinental Edinburgh The George (and an amazing 50% off in Burr & Co coffee shop)
- Employee assistance programme 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to on-site Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world plus opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities (2 days paid volunteering a year)
- Most importantly, we'll help you grow and develop you as an individual!
What is it like to work for Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel?
At Kimpton, we are all about being yourself - we pride individuality and being the best version of you. Our meticulously designed Hotel brings together traditional Edinburgh architecture with an exciting and fresh indoor feel, offering our guests a modern luxurious stay. Welcoming locals to relax in our Garden area (a must visit), experiencing mouth-watering food in BABA restaurant, or guests from far and wide being pampered in our state-of-the-art Spa - we cover it all! We want our guests to have a truly authentic stay making personal connections throughout their visit with us, bring your true self to work, do what you think is right and we will help you to grow and develop.
Does this sound like a team you would love to be a part of? If so, please apply today and check out our Instagram page @kimptoncharlottesquare!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
At IHG, we've made a promise. As one of the world's leading hotel groups, we're here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected - wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants crafts unique destinations that kindle heartfelt human connections. Our bespoke spaces blend spirit, style and delight to create an addictive culture of refined irreverence where locals, visitors & colleagues seamlessly connect. Let's Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.