Events Operations Team Member (Part-Time) - Glasgow
At Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel, we have an exciting opening to join our team as a Events Operations Team Member...
We are looking for someone who can commit to Part-Time, across 8 hours per week (all hours worked are paid for). Being flexible would be a great plus as we are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days.
At Kimpton we encourage our Team Members to Be Yourself, Lead Yourself and Make it Count! We will be there to support you each step of the way, encouraging you to thrive in your role and develop additional skills within the wider Hotel!
We are paying 10.90 per hour, all hours worked paid for.
As a Events Operations Team Member your main duties and responsibilities will be working across a wide range of events such as Birthdays, Weddings and Baby Showers to provide customers with excellent service, working to a fast pace and ensuring the smooth running of our operations. To smash this role out of the park, the key skills & experience you'll ideally already have are:
- Flexibility of working hours, you might have late finishes and early starts depending on which event you are supporting!
- Passion for providing excellent service, working within a team to work seamlessly
- Experience working at Events, within a Bar, Restaurant or Hotel as a Waiter/Waitress, Server or Host
- Willing to learn new things and work as part of our wider Hotel team!
So why work for us (aside from joining an awesome team...)? Well, look no further!
- 10.90 per hour plus free meals whilst on duty!
- Incentives to earn more each month with gratuities (where eligible) being paid monthly through our Tronc system...
- Paid holidays, generous maternity/paternity pay and enhanced sick pay! Plus subsidised child care support, helping support you and your family.
- Travel support when commuting during unsocial hours (Taxis subsidised for late-finishes where no public transport is available)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates allowing you explore destinations across the world (IHG Hotels and Resorts have over 6,000 Hotels and growing)
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our portal!
- Employee assistance programme 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to on site Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- 2 paid volunteering days per year, giving you the room to make a difference to your local community and get involved with social issues you really care about
- Most importantly, we'll give you room to grow and develop you as an individual through our extensive training, development, and additional learning opportunities!
What is it like to work for Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel?
At Kimpton our shared mission is to make people's lives better through heartfelt human connections. This emotional investment drives all that we do and its why you will love working here. As Bill Kimpton said, "we don't work in the hotel and restaurant industry, we work in the industry of living and enjoying life". At Kimpton Blythswood Square we want to deliver a ridiculously personal service to all our guests whether they are relaxing in our Spa or enjoying sustainably sourced Scottish seafood in our iasg restaurant. Our team are focussed on providing our guests with 5* service and making heartfelt human connections with our team members too. Who you are is who we are, if you want to work in a hugely diverse team where everyone is welcome - this is the place for you!
Does this sound like a team you would love to be a part of? If so, please apply today and check out our Instagram page @kimptonblythswoodsquare!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
At IHG, we've made a promise. As one of the world's leading hotel groups, we're here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected - wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants crafts unique destinations that kindle heartfelt human connections. Our bespoke spaces blend spirit, style and delight to create an addictive culture of refined irreverence where locals, visitors & colleagues seamlessly connect. Let's Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.