Operations Internship - Glasgow
Join us at Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel for our operations Internship programme and help us to provide our guests with Heartfelt Human Connections!
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our team on a 12-month internship programme, allowing you to gain experience working within one of the largest global Hospitality organisations and providing you with on-the-job industry insight.
We are looking for someone who can commit to 24 or 32 hours per week (3 or 4 shifts per week).
This opportunity is suitable for someone who is currently in education and looking to gain valuable employment experience, or someone who has no previous Hospitality experience and is looking to try a career in an exciting, growing industry.
At Kimpton our shared mission is to make people's lives better through heartfelt human connections. This emotional investment drives all that we do and its why you will love working here. At Kimpton Blythswood Square we want to deliver a ridiculously personal service to all our guests whether they are relaxing in our Spa or enjoying sustainably sourced Scottish seafood in our iasg restaurant. Our team are focussed on providing our guests with 5* service and making heartfelt human connections with our team members too. Who you are is who we are, if you want to work in a hugely diverse team where everyone is welcome - this is the place for you!
What will I cover in my internship?
During your internship, you will gain lots of new skills and experience real life work within our Hotel environment, all with the support of your buddy who will guide you throughout the way. As part of your operations internship, you can expect to experience the following:
- 12 month rotational placement in Glasgow's only 5* property, covering the following departments - F&B, Housekeeping and Front Office
- In depth experience within each department to provide you with operational knowledge and understand how our departments work together to provide heartfelt human connections
- A mentor who will be your main point of contact across the duration of your placement, who will guide and mentor you throughout and support you with completing your reflection workbook (looking back on everything you have learnt)
- A graduation certificate and celebration at the end of your internship!
What can I gain from my Internship at IHG Hotels and Resorts?
- 10.90 per hour, an opportunity to learn on the job and earn at the same time!
- Employee discount at our Champagne Central bar in voco Grand Central Hotel plus exclusive discounts at our Kimpton Blythswood Square Spa....
- Hospitality industry insight - opportunity to gain insight from an inside perspective, you will be working as an important role within our team and will have the chance to learn from those within the industry
- Obtaining skills that will help you throughout your career - wherever it may take you!
- Employment opportunities - having completed your internship with us, the doors will open for you to apply to live roles across our estate of Hotels or continue your learning by applying to our True Leadership management programme
- Overall, the chance to build and grow your personal career within a growing industry and become an integral part of our hotel team!
What do I need to apply?
- No previous experience required - this internship is open to anyone wanting to try their hand in a fast-paced global Hospitality organisation, no two-days will be the same which is all part of the fun!
- A desire to work in Hospitality, we are looking for someone who is excited for the chance to work at IHG Hotels and Resorts and gain insight from some highly knowledgeable colleagues within the business.
- Willingness to work in a team and support each other - you will become a part of our team when you begin your internship, and we would expect you to work closely with others in your department to make the most out of your internship experience!
- Right to Work in the UK is essential for this role.
If this opportunity is something which excites you, please apply today to register your interest! Please note any successful applications will be invited to an in-person interview as part of the selection process.
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
At IHG, we've made a promise. As one of the world's leading hotel groups, we're here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected - wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants crafts unique destinations that kindle heartfelt human connections. Our bespoke spaces blend spirit, style and delight to create an addictive culture of refined irreverence where locals, visitors & colleagues seamlessly connect. Let's Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.