Head of Spa and Leisure - Glasgow
At Kimpton Blythswood Square Hotel, we have an exciting opening to join our team as a Head of Spa and Leisure at our 5* Spa...
We are looking for someone who can commit to Full-Time, across 5 shifts per week. Being flexible would be a great plus as we are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days.
Please note this position is a 9-month Maternity Cover with some opportunity for this to be extended dependent on business needs. We are offering between 35,000.00 and 38,000.00 per annum dependant on experience.
As the Head of Spa and Leisure, your main duties and responsibilities will be leading the entire Spa and Leisure team to providing a highly service-focused operation with guest satisfaction at the centre. You will be responsible for both the attraction and recruitment of new talent and the development and retention of current talent (through development and coaching). You will be confident in liaising with multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) to ensure the Spa and Leisure strategy and that budgets are being met. In addition to this, you will have a proven track record of delivering results.
To smash this role out of the park, the key skills & experience you'll ideally already have are:
- Leadership and management experience within a large, diverse Spa and Leisure team (ideally within a luxury Hotel environment)
- Proven success in training and the implementation of process and audit
- An in depth understanding of products and treatment criteria, along with knowledge of the chemicals used in a leisure facility
- Knowledge of pool plant maintenance/certification is required for this position (if you do not have this, you would be required to go through the training with us)
- Overall, a wide understanding of a luxury Spa and Leisure environment with the passion to continue leading our excellent spa team to success!
The Spa at Kimpton Blythswood Square is a Scottish escape for guests and visitors alike, we provide a multi-sensory experience with focus on relaxation and self-care. Our recent refurbishment has improved on our sustainable offering by introducing new elements such as our brand-new Snow Bliss shower and improving upon our current offerings such as our well-loved Pool and Sauna. Our team create sophisticated and transformative experiences whilst ensuring embracing sustainability and natural elements.
So why work for us (aside from joining an awesome team...)? Well, look no further!
- 35,000.00- 38,000.00 per annum, based on experience
- Paid holidays, generous maternity/paternity pay and enhanced sick pay! Plus subsidised child care support, helping support you and your family.
- Travel support when commuting during unsocial hours (Taxis subsidised for late-finishes where no public transport is available)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates allowing you explore destinations across the world (IHG Hotels and Resorts have over 6,000 Hotels and growing)
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our portal!
- Employee assistance programme 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to on site Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- 2 paid volunteering days per year, giving you the room to make a difference to your local community and get involved with social issues you really care about
- Most importantly, we'll give you room to grow and develop you as an individual through our extensive training, development, and additional learning opportunities!
Does this sound like a team you would love to be a part of? If so, please apply today and check out our Instagram page @kimptonblythswoodsquare!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
At IHG, we've made a promise. As one of the world's leading hotel groups, we're here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected - wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants crafts unique destinations that kindle heartfelt human connections. Our bespoke spaces blend spirit, style and delight to create an addictive culture of refined irreverence where locals, visitors & colleagues seamlessly connect. Let's Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.