Head Chef - Wimbledon
The Dog and Fox is an iconic Pub with Rooms at the centre of Wimbledon Village, South-West London. With cosy seating aplenty, roaring fires, and our separate events venue, the Coach House just next door.
Our menus are created by our head chef using the freshest British seasonal ingredients, perfect for brunch, family dinners, or celebrations.
We have 25 beautiful individually designed boutique rooms. Being just 15 minutes from Wimbledon underground / overground train station and accessible by local busses, and a 10 minute walk to the world famous Wimbledon Tennis Club and Wimbledon Common.
What we offer our Head Chefs:
- Head Chefs get to have full autonomy to create your own menus and specials
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme and Development Programmes
- Access to regular culinary masterclasses covering topics such as Game, Butchery and Shellfish
- Access to inspirational food trips with our top quality suppliers
- Regular Chef Forums with other Head Chefs to inspire and develop
- Free meals
- 20% discount in all Young's pubs and hotels
- Share save Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- 28 Days Holiday per year
What we look for in a Second Head Chef:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Sous or current Head Chef in a smaller operation to work along side our Head Chef in this complex operation. Dealing with a large pub and dinning room, plus private events in our Coach House.
This role requires someone that can inspire a team, to bring out the potential and lead by example whilst being able to develop, cost and produce fresh seasonal menus for the variety of revenue streams within the business.
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food either as a Head Chef or in the position of Sous Chef
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team
- Be an active hands-on team player with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
We look forward to hearing from you.