Painter and Decorator - Gloucester
De Vere Cotswold Water Park
De Vere Cotswold Water Park: nestled at the edge of the Cotswolds right in the heart of 152 lakes, the Hotel offers stylish accommodation with breathtaking views and has 328 bedrooms and apartments. There are 15 flexible meeting and event spaces and 2 large conference and banqueting suites hosting up to 800. With three restaurants and bars we have a buzzing Food & Beverage team here, but also have exciting opportunities across our other departments including Conference & Events, Reception/Front of House, Spa & Leisure, Kitchen, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
Your commute: we're well served by public transport, and we're just 20 minutes from J15 of the M4 and J11A of the M5.
At De Vere, we warmly welcome everyone and foster a sense of belonging, where each person is valued and appreciated. Join our team and become part of a passionate group of individuals who genuinely care about the experiences we create for our guests and colleagues.
Painter and Decorator
What is the main purpose of the role?
Joining the hotel maintenance team, the Painter and Decorator will carry out any painting and decorating tasks within the hotel to the highest standard. You’ll ensure minimum disruption to guests with the adequate provision of protection and warning signs and be safety conscious at all times with regards to yourself, guests and any staff in the vicinity. As part of the team, you will also be involved in general maintenance work from time to time.
The Ideal Candidate
Ideally you will also have prior experience and knowledge of painting and decorating in a large scale venue with the dedication to working to high standards and the ability to prioritise your workload.
The Pay & Benefits:
At De Vere we pay attention to the thoughtful details that inspire the loyalty of our permanent colleagues. That’s why we are proud to offer the following benefits for the role of Painter and Decorator.
- £27,040 per year
- Free meals on duty in our colleague dining facilities
- Stay in shape with complimentary use of the Leisure Club facilities saving you money on costly gym memberships
- We believe in celebrating your special moments too, which is why we offer an extra paid day off for your birthday, along with a £20 love to shop voucher.
- As a token of our gratitude for your loyalty, we'll treat you to an annual complimentary 2-night stay with dinner in a De Vere property of your choice, plus additional monetary rewards for reaching long service milestones
- Discover exclusive perks with our £50 colleague rates for overnight stays at De Vere properties, accompanied by a fantastic 50% discount on Food & Beverage.
- 28 days holiday each year (increasing annually up to 33 days)
- Venue closure over the Christmas period allowing you time off to enjoy the festive season
- Explore our Exclusively Yours Benefits portal, unlocking hundreds of discounts on retail, travel, and leisure activities.
- We are committed to your growth and offer excellent career progression opportunities, including access to our Apprenticeship programmes and study support.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Programme, Hospitality Action, providing 24/7 health and wellbeing support, including free counselling.
- Experience the flexibility and convenien