Events Porter - Casual - London
De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms
De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms is our Iconic Events venue in London, and as this property does not have any guest bedrooms, the space is solely set up to run and host the most incredible meetings and events. We host movie premier after parties, high profile fashion, music and charity events, exciting exhibitions and conferences, large weddings and corporate meetings: our impressive event space and extensive meeting facilities means this property is always buzzing and an incredibly fun place to work.
Your commute: Grand Connaught Rooms is just 5 minutes from Covent Garden and Holborn tube stations and 30 minutes’ walk from Kings Cross, St Pancras and Euston train stations, we're well-connected for all major London transport links.
At De Vere, we warmly welcome everyone and foster a sense of belonging, where each person is valued and appreciated. Join our team and become part of a passionate group of individuals who genuinely care about the experiences we create for our guests and colleagues.
Events Porter - Casual
Are you keen to be part of an events team and help create memorable experiences?
We are recruiting for an Events Porter to join our team at De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms in London’s Covent Garden. We have a variety of shifts and hours available.
As an Events Porter you will help with setting up and clearing down all our event spaces whether it be for a wedding, awards night or conference making sure every detail is considered. You will also support with the event service helping to ensure our guests have a great experience and that memorable moments are created.
What we look for in an Events Porter:
• A keen eye for detail to ensure that every event is set up to perfection
• Someone motivated by delivering high standards of service to ensure each and every guest has a memorable experience
• Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple tasks with enthusiasm
• A confident team player who enjoys working with others and interacting with people#
It would be great if you have previous experience within a similar role or working with events type role. However, experience is not essential as full training can be provided so, if you are willing to learn, you could still be our next Events Porter!
The Pay & Benefits:
At De Vere we pay attention to the thoughtful details that inspire the loyalty of our colleagues. That’s why we are proud to offer the following benefits for the role of Events Porter:
- £11.50 per hour
- Paid holiday allowance based on the hours that you work
- Free meals on duty in our colleague dining facilities
- Explore our Exclusively Yours Benefits portal, unlocking hundreds of discounts on retail, travel, and leisure activities.
- We are committed to your growth and offer excellent career progression opportunities, including access to our Apprenticeship programmes and study support.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Programme, Hospitality Action, providing 24/7 health and wellbeing support, including free counselling.
- Experience the flexibility and convenience of Wagestream, our financial wellbeing platform, granting you instant access to your pay when you need it.
- Join a supportive team that knows how to have fun with regular