Kitchen Porter - High Wycombe
De Vere Latimer Estate
De Vere Latimer Estate has 205 bedrooms, 27 meeting and event spaces plus 30 acres of land for team building, 3 restaurants, 5 bars plus a Gym and swimming pool. Our teams at Latimer Estate know how to have fun at work whilst working hard to put our guests at the heart of everything they do. So we regularly say thank you to our colleagues: ice creams in hot weather, afternoon tea treats and Easter family parties are just some of the ways we show our appreciation.
Your commute: we're just 5 minutes from J18 of the M25, but we also offer subsidised transport to the surrounding area, including Chalfont and Latimer station, making us accessible from Hemel Hempstead, Watford and High Wycombe.
At De Vere, we warmly welcome everyone and foster a sense of belonging, where each person is valued and appreciated. Join our team and become part of a passionate group of individuals who genuinely care about the experiences we create for our guests and colleagues.
Are you dedicated to maintaining high standards of cleanliness? Become a valued member of our team at De Vere as a Kitchen Porter and enjoy some excellent benefits including free meals on duty, free use of our gym facilities, complimentary hotel stays every year and access to your wages whenever you need it!
As a Kitchen Porter you will be an essential member of our back-of-house team working at the heart of the Hotel, to support the Kitchen team. You will maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of kitchen equipment, utensils and work areas and attention to detail will be at the heart of what you do.
For those interested in developing their culinary skills, you will be able to learn from and support the Chefs with basic food preparation with access to training & development, although this aspect of the role is not essential.
This role involves a mixture of shifts including earlies, lates and weekends on a rota basis – although we are open to both Full Time & Part Time applications.
What we look for in a Kitchen Porter:
• A flexible can-do attitude and someone who takes pride in their work
• Cleaning experience or experience in a similarly physical role
• Punctuality and good levels of attendance
• Most of all, you will share our values which include fostering valued relationships, having a genuine approach and paying attention to every detail
Join us at De Vere and be part of our team where your work and commitment will be both valued and rewarded!
The Pay & Benefits:
At De Vere we pay attention to the thoughtful details that inspire the loyalty of our permanent colleagues. That’s why we are proud to offer the following benefits for the role of Kitchen Porter.
- £11 per hour
- Free meals on duty in our colleague dining facilities
- Stay in shape with complimentary use of the Leisure Club facilities saving you money on costly gym memberships
- We believe in celebrating your special moments too, which is why we offer an extra paid day off for your birthday, along with a £20 love to shop voucher.
- As a token of our gratitude for your loyalty, we'll treat you to an annual complimentary 2-night stay with dinner in a De Vere property of your choice, plus additional monetary rewards for reaching long service milestones