Rooms Reservations Agent - London
#Join Our Happiness
Are you the type of person who gets out of bed on the right side daily? If so, we'd like you to come and join our happiness as a Reservations Agent.
Here at Royal Lancaster London, our goal is to be the happiest hotel in London and it's our people that deliver it with their fun and caring attitude. We are always on the lookout for development opportunities, and moments to grow while helping our colleagues reach their potential and opening the door to their next opportunity.
As a "We Always Care" employer, you will be provided with tailored development plans, training, and apprenticeship opportunities to develop your career!
Joining our independently owned and 5-star hotel as one of our Reservations Agent, you will help to build a supportive and social place, where we can all be at our best while receiving the following happiness perks:
- Service Charge
- Employee discounts of up to 50% on food & beverage and spa treatments across our sister properties (Landmark London and K West Hotel & Spa)
- Employees and Friends & Family rates across our sister properties
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
- Refer a friend bonus
- Workplace pension schemes
- Employee recognition schemes and Social Committee events including gala dinners and much more!
As a Reservations Agent the role is ensuring the smooth operation of the reservations department. This position involves assisting the Reservations Manager in overseeing all aspects of reservations, including managing bookings, coordinating with various departments, and providing excellent customer service. The Assistant Reservations Manager works closely with the Reservations Manager to ensure the department's efficiency
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To take reservations in accordance with the agreed Departmental Standard Operating Procedures, ensuring all relevant information is obtained, using block and allocation where applicable.
- To accurately file all correspondence in alphabetical and date order as required.
- To maintain the past files and archive
- To be fully aware of the selling status of the Hotel at all times
- To be able to read and understand Opera
- Be aware of sales targets for month/week/day and work towards achieving and where possible, exceeding the overall forecasted sales targets
- Process non arrivals daily
- Ensure payment and billing is organized correctly for all reservations
- Action extranets minimum three times a day
- Up-sell hotel restaurants.
- To discuss any problems regarding bookings with the Reservations Supervisor and/or Reservations Manager, with ideas for appropriate solutions were necessary.
- To cross sell sister hotels, The Landmark London, K West and The Landmark Bangkok where appropriate
- To be fully conversant with all the Hotel and Company's facilities. To establish and maintain a knowledge of the Hotel's main competitors and their pricing
- To ensure the delivery of the hotel standards are met by maximizing and exceeding customer expectations at all times
- To inform other departments of relevant information regarding bookings in accordance with the departmental procedure. Rely any special or different requests as required.
- To refer appropriate bookings to the Groups Office, giving any additional information as required
- Inform Reception of any VIP booking/cancellations/amendments on the day of arrival
- Communicates with F&B regarding restaurant reservations
- Help team members wherever possible
- Ask for constructive feedback in order to continually improve
- Continually strive towards and exceeds up-sell targets and departmental targets
- To achieve targets for room nights, average room rate and revenue as set within the yearly budget
- To process all emails/faxes/letters, sending replies where applicable within 24 hours of receipt.
- Inform other departments of relevant information regarding bookings in accordance with the departmental procedure
- Communicate clearly within the department and to your other colleagues
- Ensures all agreements to the client are followed
- Keeps all client information confidential at all times
- Keeps commercially sensitive and confidential company information private at all times
- Works well under pressure and supports colleagues at busy times
- Tackles problems and takes independent action
- Accepts constructive feedback, and learns from mistakes
- Is open to change and sees it as an opportunity to improve
Royal Lancaster London is based at Lancaster Terrace, London W2 2TY and the closest tube station is Lancaster gate on the central line underground.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the UK.
We're more concerned with what's in the glass not whether it's half full or empty so come and pour some happiness into yours by joining our award winning family! #Join Our Happiness