Maintenance Engineer - London#JoinOurHappiness
Are you the type of person that gets out of bed on the right side every day? Do you love fixing things that are broken? If so, we'd like you to come and join our happiness as a Shift Engineer!
Here at the Royal Lancaster London, our goal is to be the happiest hotel in London and it's our people that deliver it with their fun and caring attitude. We are always on the lookout for development opportunities, and moments to grow while helping our colleagues reach their potential and opening the door to their next opportunity.
Joining our independently owned and 5-star properties as a Shift Engineer
for Royal Lancaster London, you will help build a supportive and social place, where we can all be at our best while receiving the following happiness perks:
- Service Charge from Room Revenue
- Complimentary night stay for 2 at the Royal Lancaster London
- Employee discounts of up to 50% food & beverage and spa treatments across our sister properties (Landmark London and K West Hotel & Spa)
- Employees and Friends & Family rates across our sister properties
- Perkbox membership which gives you exclusive access to variety of discounts ranging from healthcare and wellness to everyday shopping, restaurants and travelling!
- Complimentary meals on duty
- Uniform provided and laundered complimentary
- Refer a friend bonus
- Cycle to work & workplace pension schemes
- Annual season ticket loans
- Employee recognition schemes and Social Committee events including gala dinners and much more!
As Shift Engineer, you will be working within the Engineering Department and report directly to Chief Engineering. You will be surrounded by a dynamic and passionate team working in a fast paced environment. Creativity will be a key element to your role and success, as you will be committed to providing the best product to our guests.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing a reactive maintenance service to guestrooms and guest requests.
- Ensuring that the appearance of the hotel's public and back-of-house areas is maintained with respect to lighting.
- Ensuring a high standard of maintenance to general areas of the hotel both Front & Back of House in terms of minor technical tasks.
- To oversee the operation of the Building Management System to ensure the plant is run economically and effectively.
- To carry out basic Planned Preventative Maintenance activities to fixtures and fittings within guest bedrooms in accordance with the company and departmental standards as required.
- Provide a fast and professional reactive maintenance service to Guest rooms and public areas of the hotel as directed by various departmental managers.
- Whilst on a shift duty, perform regular walks of the public areas and guest corridors to ensure that all failed lamps are replaced.
- To ensure that A/C ventilation grills are cleaned during PPM visits to guestrooms.
We're more concerned with what's in the glass not whether it's half full or empty so come and pour some happiness into yours by joining our award winning family!
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in the UK.