Location: Southampton SO32 2HQ, United Kingdom
Address: Sandy Lane
Apply now and you could be working at the Meon Valley Hotel & Country Club! Renowned for exceptional luxury and impeccable service, The Meon Valley Hotel & Country Club is situated on 225 acres of immaculately landscaped grounds in the idyllic countryside of Southampton.
The Meon Valley Hotel & Country club offers 113 bedrooms as well as a championship Golf Course, health club & Spa. The hotel features an on-site bar & 2 restaurants as well as 8 conference rooms, catering for up to 120 delegates. Due to continued expansion, we are looking to recruit a Maintenance Operative/Handy Person onto the team.
As Maintenance Operative/Handy Person, you will be required to;
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in his duties and to ensure smooth running of the hotel.
- Do General upkeep of bedrooms which will require a basic knowledge of General repairs, Plumbing, and decorating skills required.
- Do General upkeep of Public Areas which will require a basic knowledge of General repairs, Plumbing, decorating skills and occasional plastering skills when required.
- Be able to effectively cope with emergency repairs such as plumbing, basic electrical issues, breakages etc.
- Support outside contractors where necessary.
- Be able to work on own initiative.
- Be able to communicate effectively with both the public and work colleagues.
- Be fully familiar with all Health and Safety instructions relevant to your area of work.
- Adhere to all current legislation pertaining to fire, health and safety in connection with the work place.
The successful candidate will have proven experience working within the field of maintenance & repairs. You must also have a keen attention to detail and the ability to take initiative when tackling problems. This position is available on both Zero Hour and Full Time basis.
This position offers an attractive salary and the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
The Elite Venue Selection are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
The Elite Venue Selection will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.