Imperial London Hotels Group based at President Hotel
40 Hours (5 out of 7 days weekly rota)
26,000.00 + Benefits
Imperial London Hotels has been running hotels in Central London for over 180 years, currently operating seven 3 & 4-star hotels in the heart of Bloomsbury. Independent and family-owned, ILH has a unique heritage and culture that remains its foundation as it evolves and modernises. The portfolio includes The Royal National Hotel which remains UK largest hotel with over 1,600 rooms, The Bedford Hotel, The President Hotel, The Tavistock Hotel, The Morton Hotel and our newly acquired IHG Branded Holiday Inn Bloomsbury. Following a major refurbishment, The Imperial Hotel will open as ILH flagship 4* Deluxe Hotel in 2024.
We are now recruiting for a Housekeeping Supervisor for our Imperial London Hotels Group based at the President Hotel in the heart of Bloomsbury to join our vibrant and multi-cultural team. We don't want you to work for us, we want you to work with us and be part of our ILH Family.
With over 3000+ rooms across our 7 hotels, our housekeeping teams are some of the hardest working teams making sure that you can enjoy a memorable experience and a comfortable stay at Imperial London Hotels.
As Housekeeping Supervisor you act as a role model and mentor for the housekeeping team, inspiring and developing them to deliver a consistently high standard of cleanliness across all Hotel rooms and public areas. With your Housekeeping Manager you will regularly liaising with Hotel Manager and all other HOD to support a successful day to day running and ensure guest satisfaction on every stay with us.
Key Duties will include the following:
- Allocate daily cleaning duties, issue keys, line and check that cleaning materials are in place and company procedures are followed, providing training and support for all team members.
- Undertake daily audit and spot checks to ensure rooms and all communal areas are presented to both a high standard of cleanliness and also company brand standards.
- Report any maintenance faults to line manager and follow up to ensure faults are rectified.
- Ensure all objects reported as lost property are registered effectively and safely in the system.
- Build strong working relationships with a all front of house operational teams on departmental performance so they are updated on information or issues.
- Support the Housekeeping Manager with recruitment and onboarding all housekeeping team members ensuring that the team perform to a high standard in line with company policy, supporting with regular reviews to ensure all goals are achieved.
What we'd like from you
- Previous experience gained at a supervisory level ideally gained within a housekeeping environment.
- Confident and engaging personality with the ability to build rapport quickly with internal and external customers.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy - able to manage both your time and the team effectively.
- A multi-tasker - with your excellent organisation skills, you can prioritise workload and also adapt to changing priorities where needed.
- With your leadership and communication skills you will know how to coach and motivate the team to be the best they can and deliver great results.
- A positive can-do attitude, you are calm under pressure, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
What you'll get in return
- Holidays 28 (inc. of bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Free Meals on Duty and Uniforms
- Workplace pension scheme
- 300 Refer a Friend Scheme
- Opportunity to explore other roles within ILH Group after 1 year of service
- 50% discount to friends and family in our hotels (excluding Morton Hotel)
- Interest-free season ticket loan (after probation)
- Training and development through our ILH Group Academy
- Employee recognition awards, Christmas Party and other social events
- Reward and recognition schemes
- e-points to be used across several high street brands and online retailers
- Supported by Hospitality Action
- Local discounts at Gym, Dry Cleaners, Restaurant outlets