Head Chef - Swindon Head Chef Operations - Swindon Contract: Full Time
Salary: 32,000 - 34,000
Contracted Hours: 45
We burst onto the restaurant scene in 1997, when we shook up London and showed the UK a new way of eating. Part of this was the 'kaiten' conveyor belt and colour-coded dishes which made our name.
We're all about fresh, flavoursome, authentic Japanese food. Sushi is what we're famous for, but we also have a mouth-watering range of hot street food available - from traditional classics to innovative fusion dishes. All packed with rich, aromatic flavours and umami. Fast forward to today and we have over 70 restaurants all over the globe, more than 300 kiosks in the UK, with grocery products and pre-pack sushi in most major UK supermarkets.
We are looking for dynamic individuals with a love and passion for food to join us on our exciting journey Our people are at the heart of what we do:
• You will be a role model, have an appetite for success and a real thirst for delivering exceptional results.
• You will be ambitious and hungry to learn.
• You will always strive to do your best.
• You will be enthusiastic and have a positive disposition.
• You will embrace challenges head on, with a willing can-do attitude.
• You will want to be part of our success story.
What you will be doing:
The Head Chef is responsible for the entire operation of their YO! Kitchen and ultimately accountable for the safety of our teams & guests.
Leading and inspiring the kitchen team you are obsessive about food quality, adherence to spec and can prepare each and every YO! dish brilliantly. Happy teams and Happy guests is the mantra by which you live and instil this modus operandi across the team. You are passionate about an incredible guest experience, developing the team to Super Squad status and driving the profitability of your restaurant through great controls of food cost lines.
Comfortable and natural in all sections of the kitchen, you cut fish, cook rice, roll sushi, and prepare our kitchens every day. You are also an inspirational presence in your restaurant, running high energy shifts from the kitchen and ensuring each and every day part delivers an outstanding experience for our guests and team.
We're proud to offer:
- Fantastic working hours
- Free YO! food - What's your favourite YO! dish? Every time you work you can power your shift with a selection of your choice from our fantastic menu
- Grow with YO!- we will pay for you to achieve professional qualifications (up to Degree level) whilst you work
- Brilliant support services designed to enhance your physical, mental and financial wellbeing including private medical health plan and 24/7 Employee Assistance Line
- Discounted gym membership, cinema tickets, dining out and retail offers are all available by accessing our reward platform
- 50% off your food every time you dine with us for you and 3 friends
- Paid breaks - everyone working within YO! gets paid for every break they take!
- Award-winning sustainability initiatives - We're committed to delivering progress against 9 UN sustainability goals, just some of the actions we've already taken include: 100% of all Salmon
sourced from certified sustainable