Deputy Manager - York Deputy Manager Operations - York Contract: Full Time
Contracted Hours: 45
We burst onto the restaurant scene in 1997, when we shook up London and showed the UK a new way of eating. Part of this was the 'kaiten' conveyor belt and colour-coded dishes which made our name.
We're all about fresh, flavoursome, authentic Japanese food. Sushi is what we're famous for, but we also have a mouth-watering range of hot street food available - from traditional classics to innovative fusion dishes. All packed with rich, aromatic flavours and umami. Fast forward to today and we have over 70 restaurants all over the globe, more than 300 kiosks in the UK, with grocery products and pre-pack sushi in most major UK supermarkets.
We are looking for dynamic individuals with a love and passion for food to join us on our exciting journey Our people are at the heart of what we do:
• You will be a role model, have an appetite for success and a real thirst for delivering exceptional results.
• You will be ambitious and hungry to learn.
• You will always strive to do your best.
• You will be enthusiastic and have a positive disposition.
• You will embrace challenges head on, with a willing can-do attitude.
• You will want to be part of our success story.
What you will be doing:
The role of the Deputy Manager at YO! is to fully support the ASM in the entire operation of their YO! Restaurant.
Working under the ASM and actively running shifts in the restaurant, you have a huge impact on all aspects of the business.
Although you are not quite an ASM yet, you are certainly learning all the aspects of the business to help you take that next step! On a regular rotation you will be responsible for a host of different areas within the business which your ASM will assign to you.
These areas will include recruitment, training, scheduling, stock control, marketing, team communications, maintenance, safety and many more! You will be a fantastic ‘Shift Runner’ who sets the bar in the restaurant for running the very best shifts! Leading and inspiring our entire team you are obsessive about food quality, adherence to spec and can prepare each and every YO! dish brilliantly.
Happy teams and Happy guests is the mantra by which you live and instil this modus operandi across your team. You are passionate about an incredible guest experience, developing your team and driving the profitability of your restaurant through great controls of all cost lines. Comfortable and natural in all roles, you are an inspirational presence in your restaurant, running high energy shifts and ensuring each and every day part delivers an outstanding experience for our guests and team – a typical day at YO! for you, may involve opening and prepping in the kitchen and moving onto the floor at lunchtime to run a great shift, seamlessly floating between the two. You are a true all-rounder and highly credible.
We're proud to offer:
- Fantastic working hours
- Free YO! food - What's your favourite YO! dish? Every time you work you can power your shift with a selection of your choice from our fantastic menu
- Grow with YO!- we will pay for you to achieve professional qualifications (up to Degree level) whilst you work
- Brilliant support services designed to enhance your physical, mental and financial wellbeing in