Bike Tour Guides - Worldwide!
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Working time: Various
Job ID: 125479
Fancy exploring the world? Are you a bike enthusiast? If you have answered yes, then we could have your dream job! Marella Cruises are now actively recruiting bike guides to be part of the Destination Services team. Responsible for helping us to deliver our strategy of ‘makers of happy’, you’ll do this by planning, organising and delivering an extensive bike programme. This is an in-house programme for Marella Cruises and we’ll be looking to you to take accountability for helping us to provide a quality bike tour product within our excursion programme. You’ll also support the team in ensuring our passengers have the best holiday experiences possible – both on and off the ship – making us truly famous for service and creating customers for life.
Currently taking applications until 21st February
ABOUT THE JOB
- Take ownership of the bike programme within the Destination Services team by providing and promoting a mountain bike programme which caters for all customers and incorporating a wide variety of guided rides.
- Create and continuously develop new exciting guided routes to lead, and compile a selection of route cards to assist in the creation of online sales content.
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintain an excellent standard of customer service, anticipating and exceeding customer needs.
- Set up, pack up, and actively provide assistance to all customers using the bikes each day to ensure they have a truly memorable experience with us.
- Deliver safety briefings and welcome speech to guests, leading and coordinating the bike tour.
- Supporting other activities within the Destination Services and the wider ship team to provide a seamless, one team service
- Carry out all maintenance required keep the bike fleet (circa 40 bikes including e-bikes) fully operational throughout the season. Take personal responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of all Marella Cruises equipment.
- Ensure bike supplies are well stocked and place orders as and when required and in line with operational guidance.
- Ensure that instruction and health and safety are to the highest standard and take ownership of appropriate risk assessments.
- Has a customer centric approach, creating positive consumer experience
- Ability to design and lead fun, safe, varied and informative bike rides
- Knowledge of mountain bike maintenance and repair and emergency first aid procedures and a valid first aid certificate for the duration of the contract
- Ability to thrive within a team environment, build effective relationships and support the Destination Services team where required
- Resilient and flexible approach and ability to respond to customer and company needs
- Full Covid-19 vaccination is required to work on any vessel and successful role holder must be fluent in English
ABOUT OUR OFFER
- 4-6 month contract via Crews' People International, our contracting partner for seafarers
- The contract start date is March 2024 onwards
- Competitive Salary
- Training, travel expenses and uniform is provided
- Accommodation and food is included
- Offer subject to Medical examination
TUI is the leading tourism business and our vision is to make travel experiences special. To fulfil this vision, we never stop looking ahead, seeking new ways to delight our customers and grow our business. We recognise the power of digital and the massive contribution this brings to creating a truly unique and differentiated customer experience.
At TUI, we know people are as diverse as the destinations we send our customers to. We love to see your uniqueness shine through and inspire the future of travel. If you would like to read more about what Diversity & Inclusion means to us simply visit Our DNA.
We really value your interest in TUI and will be back in touch with you shortly after the application closing date.