General Manager - Harlow
Come join our fantastic team.
We love to entertain! It's in our DNA!... and it's not just about bowling. We have lots more to offer from Houdini's Escape Rooms, to Karaoke rooms, 4D Laser Arena, Soft Play to Arcade Machines and Pool Tables. We also have fully licensed bars including cocktails, and of course our fabulous food menu.
We have something fun for all the family to do, regardless of age. Our centres are fantastic places to visit, and even better places to work in. Why not come and help us entertain?
The ideal General Manager will be driven, passionate and have a natural ability to create a fun environment for both our customers and team, whilst achieving the company's commercial objectives.
Whilst working at Tenpin you will manage the day-to-day operation of our centre including the development and growth of our people, sales and profits. You will:
- Develop a culture to ensure we deliver consistent excellence in customer service
- Develop the business through proactive local sales promotions and the effective delivery of centrally developed products and promotions.
- Produce, in liaison with the Regional Manager, an annual business plan for the business identifying key areas for growth and financial improvement
- Ensure rigorous systems of financial control and management are in place and that all key financial targets are met.
- Create a professional working environment through which all team members are adequately trained, regularly appraised and managed in a fair and consistent manner
- Be fully involved in the delivery of the corporate strategy and ensuring effective feedback to the Executive Team as appropriate.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for both staff and customers
- Provide support to the team on the centre floor when required
- To lead from the front and support the team on departments when necessary.
- To ensure the unit is self-sufficient with regards to sickness, holiday, vacancies and any other required cover
- To ensure the rota is adhered to by all Management.
Skills You Need
- Have a minimum of 2 years' experience within a hands-on general manager role, ideally within leisure or hospitality
- Have experience in leading and developing large teams
- Experience in optimising revenue and overall business performance
- Full of determination, enthusiasm, and patience
- Fully flexible and highly adaptable to change
Our Fantastic Benefits
- Industry leading bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement - 33 days per annum (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption leave
- Tenpin Treats - Retailer discounts, Smart Tech and Best Doctors
- Free Bowling for family & friends
- Free Food (when working 6 hours or more)
- Medicash Health Care Cash Back Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free counselling
- Life assurance - 4 x annual salary
- A day off for your birthday
- Long Service Awards
If you are looking for career development, then Tenpin is a great place to start. We continually strive to develop our network of impressive and highly successful sites, and recognise great people contribute to great success! Most of our managers joined us as a Team Member and have progressed into management or senior roles.
What Happens Next?
If you are ready to develop your career with us, click apply and complete the short application process (2 mins).