Project Manager - Chertsey, Surrey
Job Type: Full-Time, Seasonal
Roles & Responsibilities
This is a key role within our busy Entertainments team. Working within the projects team, the job holder will primarily support management on financial processes and systems alongside other general administrative support for the Entertainments and events management teams.
- Ensure all paperwork and filing systems are maintained and up to date, offering areas to improve efficiency where needed.
- Support the department in tracking staffing budgets and forecasts.
- Work closely and build good working relationships with the Finance team to ensure the most up-to-date information is available, maintained, and accurate.
- Maintain the department’s cost trackers and ensure they are updated within the financial periods.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous administrative experience within a busy and fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work using your initiative, in the absence of management being available to guide or support.
- Very confident computer skills, offering high levels of experience with Microsoft software, Excel, Teams, and a willingness to learn new software when necessary.
- Experience in the Entertainments environment is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with raising purchase orders is highly desirable.
- Working within and to budgets is essential.
Join our team of THRILLMAKERS at the UK’s Favourite theme Park Thorpe Park and in return you will get:
- 20 FREE tickets to any Merlin attractions worldwide
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- Opportunities to develop and have a long-term career in Merlin
- Free bus from Staines station to the Resort for all employees
- 40% discount online off LEGO, and much more!
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.