Entertainments Performance Captain - Chertsey, Surrey
Job Type: Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
Please note you must have been successful for Seasonal Performer 2024 to apply for a Performance Captain role.
What will I do?
- Ensure offerings daily checklists are complete
- Role model performance standards that have been set
- Communicate any operational and performance challenges to Entertainments Duty Managers
- Assist with motivating the team day to day.
- Assist Performance Co-Ordinators with the running of rehearsals as a stand-in, as well as assisting with some project work where delegated.
- Run daily warm-ups and team incentives.
- If Roaming, you will oversee the daily running of the roaming team, ensuring routes are kept to, and performance standards are of the highest quality.
- If a Dance captain, you will oversee any dance routines, flashmobs or shows, ensuring spacing is completed every morning, and dance standards are of the highest quality.
Qualifications & Experience
An Ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a motivational and positive work ethic
- Have a flexible and adaptable mind set
- Performance experience is essential relating to your offering (e.g., dance, script acting)
- Energetic and collaborative
- Passionate about delivering high quality performances.
- Have a people focus
- Have resilience with a solution focused response to challenging situations.
- Be able to work in all weather conditions and note that offerings will be predominantly outdoors.
Join our team of THRILLMAKERS at the UK’s Favourite theme Park Thorpe Park and in return you will get:
- 20 FREE tickets to any Merlin attractions worldwide
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- Opportunities to develop and have a longer-term career in Merlin
- Free bus from Staines station to the Park for all employees
- 40% discount online off LEGO, and much more!
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.