Entertainments Technical Production Manager - Chertsey, Surrey
Job Type: Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
Working closely with the Head of Events and Event Experience and key stakeholders, this role has overall production management responsibility for all seasonal events, managing key aspects of the delivery of product to our guests on time, on budget and with high quality output. The role will implement realistic scheduling of works, from design to delivery, continuing to manage the daily operation of the product or attraction across the event period.
The role will manage a team of technicians who will be responsible for installing high impact guest immersive interactives & attractions, bringing to life our events through impactful AV installations, scenic sets and pyro technology to create experiences like no other. Maximising efficiencies and resources and creating great relationships with contractors/ 3rd parties to deliver a unique immersive environment for guests to enjoy throughout the season.
- Working closely with relevant departments to ensure the effective management of all themed events from concept through to handover and throughout delivery in line with creative vision and brief.
- Ensuring all themed seasonal events are planned and prepared including production budget management and control, coordination of production schedules and de-rig schedules.
- Overall production management responsibility for sourcing, appointing and liaising with external suppliers and contractors, ensuring compliance with H&S legislation, Merlin and Thorpe Park policies, procedures and theming standards.
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with key suppliers ensuring best service and value.
- Overall production management responsibility for co-ordination of internal departments and teams to deliver against the brief, on time and within budget.
- To lead and attend event production meetings, co-ordinating all relevant departments, capturing status updates and risks, communicating with the wider teams and ensuring actions are followed up in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in project management and delivering theatrical productions, attractions and/or medium scale events
- Effective and engaging communicator who is comfortable dealing with people at all levels of business
- Technical understanding, training and experience across AV equipment & scenic construction
- Strong negotiator
- Creative experience in designing immersive product in high footfall environment
- High impact and ability to influence at all levels
- Budget holder and accounts management experience
- Highly organised with the ability to plan multiple and complex projects simultaneously
- Asset management and experience of rigging/de-rigging desirable.
- High levels of attention to detail across all areas.
- An experienced people manager
Join our team of THRILLMAKERS at the UK’s Favourite theme Park THORPE PARK Resort and in return you will get:
- 20 FREE tickets to any Merlin attractions worldwide
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- Opportunities to develop and have a longer term career in Merlin
- Free bus from Staines station to the Resort for all employees
- 40% discount online off LEGO, and much more!
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.