Contact Centre Team Leader - Chertsey, Surrey
Job Type: Guaranteed Hours - Seasonal (Fixed End Date)
Roles & Responsibilities
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles.
In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
This seasonal role supports the Contact Centre Assistant Manager in the daily running of the Contact Centre team. With the department split into two, Customer Services (emails, social media, live chat) and the Call Centre (phones, admin, school bookings), this job holder will assist in both teams to ensure a smooth operation. This role involves ensuring efficient and appropriate responses to all Guest enquiries and feedback that Thorpe Park Resort receives.
This includes both positive and negative feedback. Ensuring it is responded to in a timely manner, meeting all SLAs and ensuring action is taken, demonstrating, on behalf of the company, the importance that is placed on receiving Guest feedback. Responsibility for host training, coaching & performance, and motivation.
Qualifications & Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication with excellent telephone manner
- Ability to self-manage and use initiative to prioritise tasks, whilst remaining calm under pressure
- Strong communicator who can influence others and build strong working relationships and rapport with our guests and staff
- Ability to drive initiatives, motivate and coach team members to achieve great results
- Confidence to challenge others where necessary
- Adaptable to given situations and circumstances which may arise
- Proficient IT skills, in particular Microsoft Word, Excel
- Ability to learn systems and new processes quickly
- Ability to work independently and part of a team
- Be able to use their own initiative when making decisions
- Confident in dealing with conflict and challenges
- Willingness to learn continuously, building on your own skills and experiences and also those of the business
- Ability to reflect evaluatively on the performance of yourself and your team
- Ability to retain effectiveness under pressure
- Ability to respond positively to changing circumstances and new challenges
- Alongside working with a friendly, supportive team...
- FREE tickets to our Merlin attractions worldwide
- 40% discount on LEGO online
- Training & Development opportunities within Thorpe Park and Merlin Entertainments globally
- ...and much more!
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.