Apprentice Facilities Management Supervisor - Guildford
Working as part of and leading the Support Services team at our client site, the overall purpose of the role is to enhance the customer experience by effectively carrying out a range of duties in accordance with the client service level agreement and company standards & procedures
- Supervise a team of staff
- Supervise, co-ordinate, train and work with your team to provide a quality service
- Ensure your whole team report for duty in good times, clean and tidy and wearing the correct maintained uniform. To maintain a high standard of personal grooming throughout your entire shift, leading by example
- Inspect, record, monitor and if required take action to ensure that the high standards are maintained, (complying with Health & Safety and Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations) and feedback to you manager
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in line with required standards
- Responsible for the control and issues of store items, working in line with targets given
- Planning and production of duty rosters ensuring effective and economic deployment of the team. Check time and attendance
- Ensure the sickness and absence procedure is complied with and that you complete the relevant forms
- Develop and maintain a customer-focused team; who are highly motivated and professional. Ensuring that customer complaints are promptly dealt with, and action taken to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure that equipment is used safely and in accordance with current regulations and company
- Report any accidents or near misses to your Manager and complete the Accident book, if any employee or customer have an accident in the work area during your shift
- Comply with all Health & Safety legislation which is laid out in the company's Health & Safety Manual, (COSSH procedures in the selection, use and recovery of cleaning chemicals and manual handling etc)
- Report all maintenance issues and hazards to your Line Manager
- Maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary
- Ensure hygiene levels are maintained in accordance with current legislation and provide a safe environment for customers and staff
- Train and develop your team a required by the company and legislation: to include Induction, Fire, Health, Hygiene, Safety and Skills training and to check that members of your team are aware of these requirements and are working in accordance with them
- Record the training in the person's individual Training & Development record
- Complete job chats on an annual basis
- Develop good lines of communication and relationships at all levels within your team and with other colleagues and customers
- Manage security processes within your area, in line with the company procedures
- Compile and produce reports from available management systems
Perform any reasonable and practical instructions as requested by the Domestic Manager appropriate to the needs of the Hospital
An apprenticeship is a funded programme where an individual learns new skills, knowledge and behaviours in a chosen sector. An apprenticeship will enable you to work and earn a wage whilst developing and gaining new skills as an employee.
Alongside your day to day duties, you will complete the Facilities Management Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship:
This apprenticeship prepares an individual for managing a Facilities Management service, or a group of services, which can be labelled as 'hard' (estate/building management) or soft (catering/cleaning/administration/security). All apprentices will be required to supervise others; to understand the contractual requirements and service delivery targets between their employing organisation and the client/customer in order to achieve service targets. The apprentice will have to provide customer service skills and be proactive in finding solutions to problems.
APPRENTICE FACILITIES MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR
SALARY: 11.85 per hour
LOCATION: Surrey, GU2 7XX
REPORTING TO: FM Manager
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Earliest start time 07:00 and latest finish time 22:00
DURATION: Minimum 18 months
Do you have a real passion for providing exceptional support services and team leader qualities? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, as we have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Facilities Management Supervisor to join our team.
Full training will be provided as part of the apprenticeship. This is ideal for someone wanting a career change or who is ready for the next stage in their career. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over an 18-21-month period you will have completed a Facilities Management Supervisor Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Previous experience of supervisory or management of staff
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including COSHH
- Committed to high levels of customer care
- Good numerical and written skills
- Good people management and communication skills
- Experience working in a cleaning environment
- IT literate
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending off site meetings
- A 'can do' attitude with a hands-on approach as necessary
- Punctual and reliable
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to work
- Able to demonstrate and explain working practices to new starters.
- Able to organise own day-to-day work
- Able to perform any reasonable and practical instructions as requested by the Supervisor appropriate to the needs of the Hospital
- Able to develop good lines of communication and relationships at all levels within your team and with other colleagues and customers