Site Presentation Resorts Assistant - Chertsey, Surrey
Job Type: Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
We are hiring for a Site Presentations Resort Assistant. Within this role you will be responsible for the cleanliness of the resort, ensuring that the park is looking presentable to our guests at all times.
Daily duties include litter picking, sweeping pathways, emptying bins, recycling, cleaning and maintaining Thorpe Park Facilities. You will be a team player and have a passion for providing excellent customer service to our guests who may ask for assistance or directions on the park.
In the closed season you will be responsible to maintain and ensure the resort is presentable for the forthcoming season, tasks including Jet Washing and other detailed cleaning.
Qualification & Experience
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the resort to improve KPI cleanliness scores.
- Ensure the park is clean to a high standard by litter picking, sweeping floors, emptying and cleaning bins, jet washing, cleaning of tables / benches.
- You might be required to cover the washrooms host breaks.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in Washrooms, including stocking.
- Do ad-hoc tasks such as window cleaning as and when required.
- Use of equipment such as pressure washers, Billy goats, leaf blowers, rakes.
- Use of chemicals following all COSHH regulations.
- Attend any vomit and or excrement calls and deal with accordingly.
- Maintain a professional impression of the department when dealing with guests.
- Ensure an appropriate, professional and helpful behaviour is maintained throughout the team.
- Actively demonstrate commitment to department by demonstrating company values and teamwork.
- Attend department meetings with ideas to lead the department forwards for the future (optional).
We have shifts starting from 7am and ending at 10pm, bear in mind times may change with the business needs.
- 20 FREE tickets to any Merlin attractions worldwide
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- Opportunities to develop and have a longer term career in Merlin
- Free bus from Staines station to the Resort for all employees
- 40% discount online off LEGO, and much more!
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.