Continuous Improvement Manager - Chertsey, Surrey
Job Type: Full Time
Roles & Responsibilities
The Continuous Improvement Team (CI) are responsible for driving positive change through every aspect of the organisation. From improving the experience of our guests and teams, to identifying opportunities to increase revenues to supporting the implementation or new rides, the Continuous Improvement Team will use proven methodology, enhanced data analytics, and change management expertise to make our operations the best in class.
You will manage the governance process for prioritisation and management of improvement projects. Providing support in the collection and analysis of data required for scoping and project stages of all CI projects and successfully project manage CI productivity CAPEX installations across the Resort.
Qualifications & Experience
- You must show strong attention to detail and be able to plan and execute improvements within required timescales.
- You must be able to maintain energy levels to achieve positive outcomes following set-backs in a change environment.
- You must be able to articulate their ideas and findings as clear, targeted messages to all levels of the business.
- You must be able to communicate effectively in order to influence all levels of the business and ensure everyone is brought along on the change journey.
- You must be able to collect, read and analyse data in order to communicate with objectivity and independence.
- Experience in delivering improvements (essential).
- Ability to build good working relationships with colleagues in multiple departments.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and be open minded to other’s suggestions.
- Understanding of the change curve and the challenges that come with making change.
- Champion the C.I methodology at all times.
- Good personal organisation and time management skills; able to switch focus frequently and manage time between multiple people and projects.
- Ability to be flexible – thinking outside of the box, not being confined to what has always been done and open to considering multiple possibilities.
- Advanced Excel skills (desirable).
- Experience of delivering improvements through Lean Six Sigma frameworks as a certified Green Belt (desirable).
- Basic understanding of Lean Six Sigma (essential).
‘What’s in it for me?’ I hear you ask!
- Alongside a competitive salary...
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- FREE tickets to our Merlin attractions worldwide
- 40% discount on LEGO online
- Training & Development opportunities within Thorpe Park and Merlin Entertainments globally
- ...and much more!
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.