Security Team Leader - Chertsey, Surrey
Job Type: Full Time - Seasonal (Fixed End Date)
Roles & Responsibilities
What will I do?
We are currently recruiting for Security Team Leaders for our Park Security operation.
Our Security team play a pivotal role in ensuring that our guests and staff have a safe and enjoyable day out at Thorpe Park. This role involves supporting the Security Management team in the day-to-day operation of the Security function at Thorpe Park. We promote a diverse culture and all members of our Security team must be role models in exceptional guest service and professionalism.
The role of a Security Team Leader includes:
- Being the initial point of escalation for guest feedback and actions relating to security calls.
- Taking the “Shift Leader” role on a rotating basis and running the operation.
- Work within the Security operation “on the ground”, supporting team members and attending calls.
- Supporting in the development of all Security Officers – this includes on-the-job coaching, shadowing, training and refreshers as well as performance management.
- Completing other tasks on request from the Security Management team including equipment audits, uniform checks and dealing with suppliers as required.
- Be a “force for good” with Security protocols, Health & Safety policies and visitor/contractor interaction.
- Being able to remain flexible in relation to working hours, with a united goal of visitor satisfaction and security at the forefront.
Qualifications & Experience
Successful candidates will be approachable, confident, self-sufficient and willing to drive standards across the park and motivated to work closely with other departments on a daily basis. Working hours will be a mixture of days and evenings to help support the operation as required.
Due to the nature of the role, we are looking for applicants who are 18+and hold a valid SIA licence. Supervisory experience would be advantageous.
Join our team of THRILLMAKERS at the UK’s Favourite theme Park Thorpe Park and in return you will get:
- 20 FREE tickets to any Merlin attractions worldwide
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- Opportunities to develop and have a longer term career in Merlin
- Free bus from Staines station to the Resort for all employees
- 40% discount online off LEGO, and much more!
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.