Entertainments Events Supervisor - Chertsey, Surrey
Job Type: Part Time - Seasonal (Fixed End Date)
Roles & Responsibilities
As Entertainments Events Supervisor you will support the daily event delivery across the park, ensuring the product is delivered against a set brief and impacting guest satisfaction and manage the overall experience to ensure that the event product is delivered to a high standard, consistently across the entire event period. You will communicate with stake holders and actively develop the product alongside the Head of Entertainments.
The role of Entertainments Events Supervisor includes:
- Taking on the daily running of the event as a Daily Duty Manager for the Event and have a strong presence on park, being accountable to the daily operation.
- Put into place processes to ensure the event delivery is ready to go daily, taking ownership of each event area and the delivery of the product in this area.
- Ensuring that high Health & Safety standards are a primary focus and all external partners and agencies are delivering against our high standards.
- Managing the relationships with 3rd parties, external creative agencies, and brand partners across a variety of departments.
- Supporting with the research and development of new products, forging close relationships with H&S and in line with budget to bring in new and exciting products.
Qualifications & Experience
Successful candidates must have strong communication and time management skills and be willing to manage upwards when ensuring the quality of an event. Previous experience in similar roles is desired to support the Park and help bring new ideas to life with tight deadlines and given briefs. Supervisory/Advisory background and experience is preferred in this role due to the nature of managing a Park wide operation.
Join our team of THRILLMAKERS at the UK’s Favourite theme Park Thorpe Park and in return you will get:
- 20 FREE tickets to any Merlin attractions worldwide
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- Opportunities to develop and have a longer term career in Merlin
- Free bus from Staines station to the Resort for all employees
- 40% discount online off LEGO, and much more!
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.