Diagnostics Engineer - Chertsey, Surrey
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: Open Season (March-Nov): 7 on 4 off, then 7 on 3 off shift pattern with split shifts. Closed Season (Nov-Mar) Monday-Friday
Salary: Up to £47,000, bonus, Merlin Magic Pass – 20 free tickets to our attractions rising to 40 after a year’s service.
We are recruiting for two Diagnostic Engineers, in our expanding Technical Services team here at Thorpe Park Resort!
Do you have experience of working as an Engineer or Technician?
Are you able to fault find using PLC’s?
Are you looking for a new role and looking to join one of the world’s largest leisure & entertainments providers?
What the job of controls engineer involves;
We are currently recruiting for two Diagnostic Engineers at THORPE PARK Resort, the ultimate destination for thrill seekers the home of some of the UK’s most popular roller coasters, attractions, live events, as well as a themed hotel. Reporting into our Head of Electrical Engineering, you will keep our Rides and Attractions and PLC control equipment within the park, to a high standard of safety and efficiency. Using industry knowledge and experience to support all aspects of ride control systems, including PLC’s, AC/DC drives, industrial fieldbus networks, and associated software and hardware. You’ll work to planned preventative maintenance routines, actively troubleshooting and repairing control systems, to minimise downtime, while maximising guest experience, throughput and KPI scores. You’ll also play an active role in the Technical Services Department, with supporting and mentoring of the front-line engineering team, both in day to day reactive maintenance tasks and projects.
We are looking for someone with the majority of the following skills and experience;
- Previous control system experience
- Experience with PLC systems, in particular Allen Bradley and Siemens, at an expert or system integrator level
- Understanding of Cat 0, 1, and 2 emergency stop categories and how they function within an industrial controls environment
- Use of VLAN, WLAN, and Virtualised network systems
- Experience with fieldbus network communications systems including Ethernet IP, Profinet, Profibus, Modbus, Modbus TCP
- Experience of distributed remote IO such as ASi-net
- Open loop and closed process control systems and associated control technologies, including 0-10v and 4-20mA
- Working knowledge of control system safety regulations e.g. EN13489 and EN62061
- Strong fault-finding skills in low voltage control systems, AC and DC motors, and associated control equipment
‘What’s in it for me?’ I hear you ask!
- Alongside a competitive salary...
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- FREE tickets to our Merlin attractions worldwide
- 40% discount on LEGO online
- Training & Development opportunities within Thorpe Park and Merlin Entertainments globally
- ...and much more!
This is a full-time, permanent role, averaging 40 hours per week and will include weekends and bank holidays as required. To apply for this exciting opportunity of Diagnostics Engineer, please use the apply now function!
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
If you have any questions or if you require any assistance, because of a disability or medical condition, please contact us by email and one of the team will get back to you as soon as possible.