Strategy and Planning Lead - Stamford Bridge, London
Location – Stamford Bridge
Hours – Permanent – 35 hours a week (Any 5 of 7)
About Us: As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For: Chelsea FC is looking for an experienced professional to support a key pillar within our new Marketing organization. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is skilled at leading complex cross-functional initiatives with diverse partners and is a sharp strategic problem solver. The Marketing Strategy and Planning Lead is responsible for enabling successful brand and product outcomes for Chelsea FC by driving strategic planning and portfolio management for our Marketing organization.
This is a highly cross-functional role that partners closely with commercial, operational, and business transformation leaders to ensure that thoughtful strategies are set, initiatives are rigorously prioritized, concrete plans are developed, and that our teams are organized to succeed. This role is integral in driving operational excellence in our marketing organization and will work directly with our Chief Marketing Officer to prepare materials to support Monthly Execution Reviews, Strategic Transformation Plans and Board/Investor Presentations.
Brief description and duties: Strategy: (30%)
- Work with the CMO’s Leadership Team to codify the three-year plan for Marketing, Marketing important metric, Annual Budget and the Seasonal Roadmap.
- Build investment cases to land annual plan and incremental asks, including driving trade-off discussions.
- Help remove roadblocks, raise misalignments, and ensure teams are set up for successful execution.
- Define and deploy the communications framework for conveying progress updates to the wider function, ensuring clarity and alignment behind the macro-objectives.
- Cross-functional planning (60%):
- Coordinate strategic business initiatives from development through to successful execution under the mentorship of senior leadership and divisional leads.
- Development of business cases to support Marketing investments and measurement of ROI.
- Develop reports that create a common language across the Marketing function, uniting teams in the ambitious pursuit of our goals.
- Lead the interface into other business units across cross-functional initiatives such as the Pre-Season Tour.
- Lead the review of projects and analysis of lessons learnt to ensure key findings are disseminated across the teams, underpinned by robust measurement tracking.
- Partner with Finance and marketing campaign leaders to ensure accurate and consistent financial tracking across programs.
- Build a high-performance culture (10%)
- Spearhead collegiate ways of working to help remove silo’s and build a “one team” mentality.
- Work with the Marketing Leadership and HR team to manage talent-mapping and ensure high-potential individuals are cultivated with appropriate support/opportunities for advancement.
- Form relationships and increase connectivity between the Stamford Bridge and Cobham teams, to increase business efficacy.
- Role model a continuous improvement mentality, data-driven decision-making & deep commercial savvy.
- Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- A seasoned strategist with strong long-range and cross-functional planning skills.
- Commercially savvy with strong eye for business.
- Thrives under pressure and politically astute; adept at identifying barriers to progress and navigating them.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, builds trust & credibility with ease at every level of the organisation.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and parental.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please get in touch with your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.