Health and Safety Advisor - Stamford Bridge, London
Location – Stamford Bridge
Hours – Permanent – 35 hours a week (Any 5 of 7)
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
What We’re Looking For:
Chelsea FC are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to assist the Head of Health and Safety
implement and maintain an effective health and safety management programme, which protects
staff, contractors and visitors across all CFC premises working with many subsidiaries of the
company and key stakeholders. In this role, you will be responsible for advising the business of
appropriate procedures, and an acting as a health and safety ambassador for the business.
Brief description and duties
- Maintaining the workplace H&S training programme – ensuring training needs are identified, appropriate training sourced, provided and attended; monitoring to ensure training is beneficial and refresher training is completed, delivering training and inductions.
- Maintain, review and update the Health and Safety Management System
- To pro-actively manage and minimise operating risk in the Millennium & Copthorne Hotels, thereby ensuring the highest standards of health and safety management for the staff, customers and guests of the hotels. To assist in implementation, monitoring and managing all health & safety policies and procedures in line with Millennium & Copthorne and CFC guidelines.
- Maintaining the risk assessment programme by assisting departments to complete suitable and sufficient risk assessments, that recommendations are completed, safe systems of work are devised where necessary and that assessments are revised annually or following an accident or when there is a change in activity. Monitoring to ensure assessments are being communicated and followed
- Help write, review and implement policies and procedures and prepare reports
- Investigate accidents and ensure recommendations are completed
- Keep up to date with legislative changes, experiences and industry news
- Work with the Help Desk to keep the contractor management programme up to date
- Keep appropriate records and filing
- Audit the completion of statutory equipment tests and maintenance checks
- Manage the H&S pages of the intranet, updating documents and details as required
- Maintain the First Aid system – revising risk assessments, updating the register and departments, train staff on the procedures
- Assist departments to investigate adverse events, ensuring recommendations are completed to prevent reoccurrences
- Prepare information for and attend the Safety Champion meetings
- Work with department Safety Reps to implement safety initiatives within their departments
- Complete safety inspections and assist in audits of site services and contractors, writing up reports and ensuring recommendations are completed
- Maintain good relations with external agencies – HSE, LA, LFB, Insurers etc.
- Assist in the running of ad hoc projects and one off events
- Assist in the planning and set up of Meeting & Event functions
- Support the Foundation both on and off our premises, assisting in preparing and reviewing risk assessments and monitoring and supporting on the ground.
Must Haves/qualified by demonstrable experience to the level required:
- NEBOSH certificated or equivalent
- Based at Stamford Bridge with travel to Cobham, Kingsmeadow and off site activities
- Varied health and safety experience would be ideal in the following areas: Hotels,
building and facilities, leisure clubs, catering industry, events and exhibitions, agricultural
equipment, public services and retail
- An organised and diligent person who can work on many projects at one time
- A disciplined person who can prioritise and work unsupervised
- A proactive person with high professional standards
- A good understanding of the HASAWA & Management Regs
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.