Academy Communications Officer - Stamford Bridge, London
DEPATMENT – Academy
JOB FUNCTION - Chelsea Football Club operates a football academy for age groups Under-9 through to Under-21. This role is a fantastic opportunity to work closely with Academy players, parents and staff in offering editorial assistance and communications, as well as providing online coverage of the Academy to our millions of worldwide fans through our website, app and social media platforms.
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
- Provide Academy Management with effective and timely support with strategic documents and written correspondence.
- Support effective communication with Academy parents through Teamworks and other agreed formats.
- Provide Academy Staff with editorial and communications assistance as and when required, including player report writing and external letter writing.
- Provide agreed coverage of the Academy games programme (U18-21) for the Club website and app, including but not restricted to: match reports, interviews, features and youth international coverage.
- Work with education department to ensure relevant media and social media education is provided.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Follow brand guidelines.
- Produce content and material in an effective and timely fashion.
- Proven experience of an ability to write engagingly and succinctly, preferably about sports including reporting on matches
- Excellent computer skills including good understanding of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Knowledge and experience of working with content management systems (preferable).
- Demonstrate a good understanding of football in order to work well with stakeholders.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and times (evenings and weekends).
- Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
- At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
- If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
- Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.