Treasury Assistant - Stamford Bridge, London
Department: Finance Job Function: To ensure all areas of treasury functions run smoothly and work coherently with the Accounts Receivable team.
As a member of the Chelsea team you will become part of a long and proud history in the heart of iconic west London, which dates back to the club’s founding in 1905. Since that time the club has won every major domestic and international trophy, being crowned English, European and world champions in the process.
Chelsea are a club which proudly strives to be the best in everything we do, on and off the pitch, as shown by the further success of our Women’s and Academy sides, as well as the excellent work in the community undertaken by the Chelsea Foundation, while engaging with our many supporters from a wide range of backgrounds at home in the UK and around the world.
If you’re motivated and want to help us win more trophies, you’ve got a place here at Chelsea!
- Daily bank reconciliations – reconcile and maintain up to reconciliation of 25 multi-currency bank accounts.
- Follow up with entire Finance/Payroll team and make sure all bank items are posted in a timely manner to maintain good control of bank reconciliations.
- Assist with bank transaction queries. Investigate any unclaimed item and try and keep a very minimal unposted items carried forward into the following month.
- Monitor bank balances daily and ensure sufficient balances exists as required.
- Make sure to request the forex trade on time.
- Assist with manual payment submission following the internal procedures. These are done on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.
- Assist with weekly referee payments for Academy and Womens.
- Make sure all bank transfers, forex trades, interests, commissions, card charges and other adhoc journals are completed on a timely manner.
- Perform a check on all bank accounts to assist with the AR and AP month end close making sure majority of the bank items are claimed and posted in the current month.
- Produce weekly cash forecasts by Monday afternoon for other team members to update.
- Assist with Equals card top ups and maintenance of balance sheet reconciliation of the Equals account.
- Assist with opening user accounts and card request for both Equals and corporate Barclaycard.
- Maintain a balance reconciliation of other creditors and Levy’s balance sheet and ensure funds are transferred across monthly.
- Assist with audit queries including coordination of information and analysis of bank transactions.
- Process Sales Ledger invoices as required and assist the AR team.
- Assist with updating price changes on Clover devices and get them ready for home games.
- Respond to any ad hoc queries as required by the wider Finance team.
- Carry out any other duties instructed by the Line Manager.
Measures of Performance
- Accurate and timely distribution of cashflow reports and bank reconciliation.
- Awareness of cash position and identifying and reporting deficiencies.
- Ensuring monthly deadline for AP/AR and GL ledger closes are met.
Qualification and Experience
- A combination of relevant experience in accounting preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting standards and process.
- Experience on Microsoft Dynamics GP (ERP)
- Demonstrated experience on bank reconciliation is preferred.
- Solid experience within a high volume of cashless transactions
- High degree of honesty and trustworthiness
- CRB check is essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365 products (strong excel experience is essential)
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in managing and analysing high volumes of data to recognise, understand and assist in solving problems.
Key Selection Criteria
- Ability to show initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills & time management
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to clearly communicate issue resolution.
- Motivated and committed individual who is proactive in meeting deadlines with the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to challenge the status quo: an enquiring mind with a focus on continuous improvement.
Our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
At Chelsea we recognise that the diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths and we are taking positive action to ensure our existing colleagues and job applicants can fully be themselves and bring their own unique experiences and perspectives to Chelsea FC. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
If you need reasonable adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter, who will be able to advise and support you.
Chelsea FC and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups). We therefore require all successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to starting employment. Depending on the role, successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening where appropriate.