Host - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: THE CUBE Host – The Cube Live, Canary Wharf, London
Location: Canary Wharf, London, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible to: Attractions senior management team
Main Purpose/Function of Job: To operate and host the games for THE CUBE LIVE consistent with the brand guidelines. This will include introducing the game in the role of ‘game show host’, explaining and enforcing the rules and providing a lively and energetic commentary throughout, determining a ‘win or loss’ where relevant. You will bring the game to life by providing all customers with a world class service experience.
- Deliver the day-to-day operational requirements of the attraction and requirements of The Cube Host role.
- Enthusiastically host games at THE CUBE LIVE, operating the game system in a high-pressured environment.
- Hold expert knowledge in the attractions including operations, trouble shooting, rules and detailed technical knowledge of all games.
- Professionally handle all customer enquiries efficiently and maintain a consistently positive attitude.
- Provide a lively, confident and energetic service to the customers and maintain a consistent high standard of customer service.
- Understand the technical aspects of games and the ability to operate them correctly.
- Provide ongoing feedback to management in a constructive and professional manner to improve attraction operations.
- To anticipate and identify service related problems and operational issues on the shop floor before they adversely impact on the customer experience.
- Follow health and safety regulations and internal centre rules.
- Support the senior attractions team in the day-to-day operation of The Cube.
- To effectively undertake your duties in line with Urban Playground policies and procedures.
- To work with the senior attractions team to ensure all technical and operational aspects of The Cube are provided for customers.
- To adhere to staff uniform and presentation standards and you are presented consistent with the relevant policy.
- To ensure all operational performance issues are promptly reported to the attractions senior team.
- To ensure all daily maintenance and fault reports are completed following the correct standard using the relevant app, and that any serious issues are immediately brought to the attention of the most senior member of staff on duty.
- To ensure all cleaning systems are adhered to, and the attractions provisions are consistently well presented, hygienic and in good working order.
- Ensure exceptionally high standards of customer care are delivered at all times.
- Work with the senior attractions team to suggest ways to improve operational and financial performance of the venue.
Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- To work with the technical team to suggest ways to develop The Cube live experience.
- In conjunction with the maintenance team, assist with the reporting of reactive maintenance issues.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Supporting the smooth delivery of group bookings in line with the relevant procedures, host scripts and the correct use of all equipment.
- To work with senior attractions team to develop and improve the group booking experience.
- Regularly report on customer feedback.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- Liaise with the senior attractions team to suggest ideas to improve the marketing of the attractions.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Support and follow Health & Safety regulations and internal centre rules.
- Work with the senior team to ensure all Health & Safety procedures are effectively adhered to and any issues are promptly reported.
- Promptly and accurately reporting on any accidents, incidents or near misses.
- At least 1-year’s experience working in competitive socialising / hospitality / customer service environment.
- Passionate about performing/ acting/ presenting.
- Experience within a customer service, live theatre or an attraction.
- An appreciation of customer expectations and experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident and assertive with customers and staff.
- Organised and efficient.
- Knowledge of The Cube television show.
- Good organisational skills.
- Excellent technical skills and understanding of IT.