Group Booking Lead - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: Group Booking Lead – The Cube Live, Canary Wharf, London
Location: Canary Wharf, London, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible for: Supervision of Group Booking Hosts.
Main Purpose/Function of Job: The Group Booking Team Leader’s primary role is to ensure the provision of high quality and high impact group bookings at the venue and the supervision of the host team. They will work with and provide support to the senior management team to help ensure the effective delivery of all group booking arrangements. The Group Booking Team Leader will adopt a ‘hands on’ approach to the role, combining technical know-how of the venue with outstanding customer care, efficient direction to the host team, ensuring customers have a world class experience. You will act as the shift leader and a point of contact and responsible person for the venue and client when on duty in respect of all group bookings.
- Ensuring high performing group booking events and operational excellence of the host team, and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring efficient client throughput, maintenance of customer service, experiential and group booking quality standards that are reflected, and increasing repeat business.
- To work closely with the sales office and senior team to provide effective support to promote the delivery of world class group bookings events.
- Take the lead position with group bookings and liaise with the relevant hosts and departments to ensure all scheduled activities are delivered right first time, all of the time.
- To act as the main point of contact for the client during group bookings activities.
- Working with the Group Booking Coordinator and senior team regarding, deploying, motivating and leading for performance of the group bookings host team.
- Having responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of group bookings.
- Ensuring the group bookings are executed in line with the prearranged itinerary and operating in line with venue requirements.
- To work closely with the Group Booking Coordinator to contribute quality ideas to develop and improve the group bookings operations and overall customer experience.
- Implementing all operational policies and procedures provided by the Group Booking Coordinator.
- Providing feedback on policies and procedures for improved operational effectiveness of group bookings.
- Ensuring the group booking domain is clean, presentable and achieves the daily requirements of all operational procedures.
- With the Group Booking Coordinator and senior team, consider innovative changes to group bookings services and packages in-line with venue guidelines.
- Under the guidance of the Group Booking Coordinator and senior team, assist with the training of group booking hosts in conjunction with UP guidelines.
- Working constructively with the Group Booking Coordinator and department heads to implement the findings of mystery shopper visits, spot checks, surveys and other feedback, including reviews.
- Trouble shooting and suggesting creative solutions to any arising issues.
- Working with the sales team before each group booking to ensure all information is correct and all stakeholders are fully briefed, and where relevant, take the lead position and liaise with the relevant hosts and departmental staff to ensure all scheduled activities are adhered to.
- To ensure all equipment is used correctly and stored away properly after each use.
- To communicate any necessary group booking itinerary and operational concerns to the sales team.
- Working with the Group Booking Coordinator and senior team to efficiently implement operational resources in line with the allocated budgets.
Responsibilities for Human Resource management and development
- Assist with the training of new group booking host employees.
- Ensuring group booking hosts work productively.
- Under the guidance of the Group Booking Coordinator and senior team, ensure the deployment of operational staff is implemented consistent with the agreed plans.
- Maintaining a positive morale amongst group booking staff working promoting high levels of employee satisfaction and performance.
Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- Supporting the smooth operation of all IT infrastructure and EPOS systems.
- Quickly identifying technical issues, accurately reporting them to senior managers and via the shared online system, and pursuing their timely resolution.
- Suggesting changes that can deliver efficiency improvements in the operation of group bookings and the wider venue.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Ensuring the planning and smooth delivery of service for group bookings in line with the client’s pre-order and event requirements, and operational procedures.
- Be an active and vocal part in relevant meetings to help cultivate and grow the corporate experience, helping to improve the overall experience for the group booking journey with new innovative ideas and suggestions.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- Liaise with the Group Booking Coordinator regarding suggestions and ideas to improve the marketing of group bookings.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Ensuring group booking staff follow all health and safety regulations, and venue rules.
- Ensuring adherence to Licensing legislation and specific licensing conditions relating to the venue.
- Promptly and accurately reporting on any accidents, incidents or near misses.
- At least 2-year’s experience of working in a hospitality / leisure / entertainment /events role.
- At least 1 year’s experience in a Team Leader or similar role.
- The ability to lead and support the delivery of well organised, structured and coordinated venue operations.
- Posses a strong personality and the ability to effectively lead and influence operational staff whilst on shift.
- Possess outstanding organisation and communication skills.
- To have exceptional customer care skills and a passion for customer service.
- Excellent technical skills and good understanding of IT and Microsoft Office.
- Flexible approach to work, including willingness to work evenings, weekends, late night or overnight shifts, and / or holidays.
- Possess an exemplary sickness and punctuality record.
- Previous experience in a Team Leader, Supervisor or senior position
- Experience of working in a busy competitive socialising venue.
- Experience of working in a multi-faceted food and beverage operations.
- Experience of managing small and medium sized events.
- Possess an IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification.
- Educated to degree level in business, hospitality or leisure.