Cleaning Manager - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: Cleaning Manager – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
Location: Canary Wharf, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible to: Front of House Manager – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf
Responsible for: Cleaning Supervisor, Cleaning Team Leaders and clean team staff.
Main Purpose/Function of Job: Cleaning Manager of a premium competitive socialising and entertainment attraction located in the heart of Canary Wharf’s busy business district.
- Ensuring high performing operational management and financial efficiency of venue cleaning, and the maximisation of revenue generation, and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring efficient customer throughput, maintenance of customer service, experiential and cleaning service quality standards that are reflected, and increasing repeat business.
- To develop exceptional customer service standards across all aspects of the clean team service and provision.
- To work closely with the senior managers and wider team to provide effective support to promote the delivery of a world class cleaning operation of public conveniences and general areas of the venue.
- To effectively procure and manage consumable and disposable items to optimise gross profit performance and minimise wastage.
- To adhere to stringent cleaning and HACCP procedures that create high levels of presentation and best practice, supporting the achievement of a 5-star food hygiene Scores on the Doors rating.
- Developing high quality cleaning and presentation standards that inspires customers and encourages repeat business.
- Working with the Front of House Manager regarding recruiting, deploying, motivating and managing for performance a cleaning team of 10+.
- Having responsibility for day-to-day operations of the Clean Team including line management of Cleaning Supervisors, Cleaning Team Leaders and clean team staff.
- Ensuring the cleaning department operations are open and operating in line with MG requirements.
- To work closely with the Front of House Manager to contribute quality ideas to develop and improve the cleaning operations and overall customer experience.
- Implementing all operational policies and procedures provided by the Front of House Manager.
- Providing feedback on policies and procedures for improved operational effectiveness of;
- Venue cleaning and presentation.
- Front of house service and operations.
- Health & Safety
- Group Bookings.
- EPOS, booking, ticketing, ordering and other systems.
- Ensuring that disposables and cleaning chemical stock level systems are managed appropriately.
- Ensuring cleaning operations hold adequate, but efficient, levels of stocks and minimise wastage.
- Working alongside the Front of House Manager, maintain consistent high standards of the front and back of house areas that adhere to venue guidelines.
- Ensuring regular stock takes of chemicals, cleaning materials and equipment are planned and carried out.
- Ensuring the cleaning team is organised and structured to achieve the daily requirements of all operational procedures.
- With the Front of House Manager, set goals for growth and consider innovative changes to cleaning services in-line with venue guidelines.
- Work closely with the senior team to ensure all service departments are closely coordinated and cohesive.
- Closely adhering to the brand guidelines for all aspects of cleaning services.
- Under the guidance of the Front of House Manager, assist with the recruitment and training of new employees in conjunction with MG guidelines.
- Working constructively with the Front of House Manager to implement the findings of mystery shopper visits, spot checks, surveys and other feedback, including reviews.
- Trouble shooting and suggesting creative solutions to any arising issues.
- To coordinate all contracted and in-house cleaning services to ensure the venue remains hygienic and clean at all times.
- In conjunction with the maintenance team, assist with the organisation, monitoring and coordination of all pre-planned and reactive maintenance, and statutory compliance in the front of house areas.
- To consistently achieve the performance criteria for the Mystery Shopper scheme.
- Efficiently implementing and reporting on relevant cleaning operational budgets.
- This will require proactive minimisation of costs and expenses, including the effective use of operational procurement systems and stock management.
- Oversee labour budgets and optimise expenditure, including the achievement of services targets, labour margins and other agreed KPIs.
Responsibilities for Human Resource management and development
- Assist with the recruitment and training of new employees maintaining a full staff cohort.
- Ensuring employees work productively and have opportunities to develop within Cleaning Team and wider venue.
- Under the guidance of the Front of House Manager, ensure the cost effective deployment of operational staff.
- Holding at least monthly supervision meetings and at least six-monthly performance appraisals with all direct reports, providing feedback in a constructive and professional manner to improve staff performance, and ensuring that direct reports cascade this activity to an appropriate level.
- Monitoring staffing levels and ensuring full-time permanent employee numbers remain appropriate, sufficient and in line with annual budgets.
- Maintaining a positive morale amongst staff working in the bars ensuring high levels of employee satisfaction, performance, and retention.
- Aiming for resolution of any staff complaints or grievances within the chain of command, while providing a clear route for escalation to the Front of House Manager and HR if required.
Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- Supporting the smooth operation of all IT infrastructure and EPOS systems.
- Quickly identifying technical issues, accurately reporting them via the shared online system, and pursuing their timely resolution.
- Suggesting changes that can deliver efficiency improvements in the operation of the cleaning department and wider venue.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Ensuring the planning and smooth delivery of the cleaning remit for group bookings in line with the client’s pre-order and event requirements, and operational procedures.
- Ensuring high levels of cleaning standards, customer satisfaction and repeat bookings.
- Regularly report on staff performance and customer feedback.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- Liaise with the Front of House Manager regarding suggestions and ideas to improve the marketing of the venue.
- To assist with the implementation of marketing activities in the front of house areas and wider venue.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Under the guidance of the Front of House Manager, ensuring the cleaning team has appropriate levels of Fire Warden and First Aid trained staff.
- Ensuring staff follow all health and safety regulations, HACCP, Food Safety and other rules.
- Contributing to risk assessments and COSHH developed internally with statutory and other third-parties, for all departments.
- Contributing to and ensuring compliance with all staff training systems.
- Ensuring adherence to Licensing legislation and specific licensing conditions relating to the venue.
- Promptly and accurately investigating and reporting on any accidents, incidents or near misses.
- As required, conducting incident investigations, collating evidence and completing MG documentation, ensuring completion within timescales set out in MG policies and procedures.
- To ensure all contracted services meet the relevant Health & Safety requirements.
- At least 2-years’ experience in a cleaning managerial role directly overseeing cleaning operations.
- At least 2-years’ experience working in a leisure, visitor attraction, entertainment or hospitality setting.
- Experience of working to and achieving clear KPIs.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving cleaning audit targets.
- Solid track record of delivering exceptional customer service standards in a management role.
- Excellent understand of general operations and soft facilities management.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety management and statutory compliance obligations.
- General understanding of basic HR procedures.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and very comfortable with technology.
- Ability to inspire and effectively manage a small and diverse team.
- Flexible approach to working including regular late night and weekend shifts.
- Possess laser-guided attention to detail and extremely high standards.
- Big personality with the ability to motivate people and lead from the front.
- Experience of working in a busy competitive socialising venue.
- Experience of working in medium to large sized events.
- Possess an IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification.
- Educated to degree level in business, hospitality or leisure.
- Comfortable with working in a high-pressured environment where no 2 days can be the same.