Cook Staff - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: Cook Staff – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
Location: Canary Wharf, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible to: Head Chef, Kitchen Supervisor and Kitchen Team Leader – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf
Main Purpose/Function of Job: Cook Staff of a premium competitive socialising and entertainment attraction located in the heart of Canary Wharf’s busy business district.
- Ensuring high performing operational and culinary standards in the kitchen, and the maximisation of gross profit, and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To adhere to the strict specification of the relevant franchise operations (THE BUTCHER and Toni Loco).
- To work with the senior kitchen team to operate the non-franchise elements of the kitchen menu and general service.
- Ensuring efficient food quality standards that are reflected, and increasing repeat business.
- To work closely with the senior kitchen team and wider team to provide effective support to promote the delivery of a world class kitchen operation with outstanding food and drink.
- To effectively use cost of goods food and disposable items to support the optimisation of gross profit performance and minimise wastage.
- To adhere to stringent cleaning, food safety and HACCP procedures that create high levels of presentation and best practice, achieving a 5-star food hygiene Scores on the Doors rating.
- Working with the senior kitchen team to promote excellent team standards and cohesion with a kitchen team of 15+.
- Having responsibility for day-to-day production and service of the food menu.
- Ensuring the kitchen is open and operating in line with the relevant franchises and MG requirements.
- To work closely with the senior kitchen team to contribute quality ideas to develop and improve the menus and overall customer experience.
- Adhering to all operational policies and procedures provided by the MG and franchisee.
- Providing feedback on policies and procedures for improved operational effectiveness of;
- Maintenance and cleaning.
- Group bookings.
- Health & Safety.
- EPOS, and other systems.
- Ensuring that food stock level systems are used appropriately.
- Ensuring kitchen operations hold adequate, but efficient, levels of prep and minimise wastage.
- Working alongside the senior kitchen team, maintain consistent high standards of the food menus and adhere to franchise and venue guidelines.
- Ensuring the kitchen remains well-maintained, clean and achieves the daily requirements of all operational procedures.
- Trouble shooting and suggesting creative solutions to any arising issues.
- Work with the senior kitchen team to ensure all HACCP procedures are adhered to, along with the achievement of 5-star food hygiene ratings.
- Under the direction of the senior kitchen team, assist with monitoring of food stock and wastage, including the achievement of GP targets and other agreed KPIs.
Responsibilities for Human Resource management and development
- Promoting a positive morale amongst staff working in the kitchen ensuring high levels of employee satisfaction, performance, and retention.
Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- Supporting the smooth operation of all IT infrastructure and EPOS systems.
- Quickly identifying technical issues, accurately reporting them via the shared online system, and pursuing their timely resolution.
- Suggesting changes that can deliver efficiency improvements in the operation of kitchen and the wider venue.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of food service for group bookings in line with the client’s pre-order and event requirements, and operational procedures.
- Ensuring high levels of food quality, customer satisfaction and repeat bookings.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- To assist with the implementation of marketing activities in kitchen and wider venue.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Adhering to all health and safety regulations, HACCP and kitchen rules.
- Completing robust HACCP records and ensuring all checks are fully completed and documented.
- Contributing to and ensuring compliance with all staff training systems.
- Promptly and accurately investigating and reporting on any accidents, incidents or near misses.
- As required, conducting incident investigations, collating evidence and completing MG documentation, ensuring completion within timescales set out in MG policies and procedures.
- At least 1-years’ experience in a Chef or Cook role in a kitchen.
- At least 2-years’ experience working in a leisure, visitor attraction, entertainment or hospitality setting.
- Understanding of basic kitchen operations.
- Understanding of HACCP. Hard working and a team player.
- Flexible approach to working including regular late night and weekend shifts.
- Experience of working in a busy competitive socialising venue.
- Experience of working in multi-faceted food and beverage kitchen operations.
- Experience of working in food service for medium to large sized events.
- Possess an IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification.
- Possess laser-guided attention to detail and extremely high standards.
- Comfortable with working in a high-pressured environment where no 2 days can be the same.