Cleaning Team Leader - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: Cleaning Team Leader – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
Location: Canary Wharf, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible to: Cleaning Manager – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf
Responsible for: Clean Team staff.
Main Purpose/Function of Job: Cleaning Team Leader of a premium competitive socialising and entertainment attraction located in the heart of Canary Wharf’s busy business district.
- Ensuring high performing operational management of venue cleaning.
- Ensuring efficient customer throughput, maintenance of customer service, experiential and cleaning service quality standards that are reflected, and increasing repeat business.
- To implement exceptional customer service standards across all aspects of the clean team service and provision.
- To work closely with the Cleaning Manager to provide effective support to promote the delivery of a world class cleaning operation of public conveniences and general areas of the venue.
- To effectively manage consumable and disposable items to optimise gross profit performance and minimise wastage.
- To adhere to stringent cleaning and HACCP procedures that create high levels of presentation and best practice, supporting the achievement of a 5-star food hygiene Scores on the Doors rating.
- Developing high quality cleaning and presentation standards that inspires customers and encourages repeat business.
- Working with the Cleaning Manager regarding, deploying, motivating and managing for performance a cleaning team of 10+.
- Having responsibility for day-to-day operations of the Clean Team including supervision of the clean team staff.
- Ensuring the cleaning department operations are open and operating in line with MG requirements.
- To work closely with the Cleaning Manager to contribute quality ideas to develop and improve the cleaning operations and overall customer experience.
- Adhering to all operational policies and procedures provided by the Cleaning Manager
- Providing feedback on policies and procedures for improved operational effectiveness of;
- Venue cleaning and presentation.
- Front of house service and operations.
- Health & Safety
- Group Bookings.
- Ensuring that disposables and cleaning chemical stock level systems are monitored appropriately.
- Ensuring cleaning operations hold adequate, but efficient, levels of stocks and minimise wastage.
- Working alongside the Cleaning Manager, maintain consistent high standards of the front and back of house areas that adhere to venue guidelines.
- Assist with regular stock takes of chemicals, cleaning materials and equipment are planned and carried out.
- Ensuring the cleaning team is organised and structured to achieve the daily requirements of all operational procedures whilst on shift.
- With the Cleaning Manager, set goals for improvement and consider innovative changes to cleaning services in-line with venue guidelines.
- Closely adhering to the brand guidelines for all aspects of cleaning services.
- Under the guidance of the Cleaning Manager, assist with the training of new employees in conjunction with MG guidelines.
- Working constructively with the Cleaning Manager to implement the findings of mystery shopper visits, spot checks, surveys and other feedback, including reviews.
- Trouble shooting and suggesting creative solutions to any arising issues.
- To work with any contracted and in-house cleaning services to ensure the venue remains hygienic and clean at all times.
- To consistently achieve the performance criteria for the Mystery Shopper scheme.
- Efficiently adhering to relevant cleaning operational budgets under the direction of the Cleaning Manager.
- This will require proactive minimisation of costs and expenses, including the effective use of operational procurement systems and stock management.
- Monitor labour rotas and optimise expenditure, including the achievement of services targets, and other agreed KPIs.
Responsibilities for Human Resource management and development
- Assist with the training of new employees maintaining a full staff cohort.
- Ensuring employees work productively and within the Clean Team and wider venue.
- Maintaining a positive morale amongst staff working in the Clean Team ensuring high levels of employee satisfaction, performance, and retention.
- Aiming for resolution of any staff complaints or grievances within the chain of command, while providing a clear route for escalation to the Cleaning Manager and HR if required.
Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- Supporting the smooth operation of all IT infrastructure and EPOS systems.
- Quickly identifying technical issues, accurately reporting them via the shared online system, and pursuing their timely resolution.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Under the guidance of the Cleaning Manager, ensuring the planning and smooth delivery of cleaning services for group bookings in line with the client’s pre-order and event requirements, and operational procedures.
- Ensuring high levels of cleaning services, customer satisfaction and repeat bookings.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- Liaise with the Cleaning Manager regarding suggestions and ideas to improve the marketing of the venue.
- To assist with the implementation of marketing activities in the front of house areas and wider venue.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Ensuring staff follow all health and safety regulations, HACCP, Food Safety and other rules.
- Contributing to and ensuring compliance with all staff training systems.
- Ensuring adherence to Licensing legislation and specific licensing conditions relating to the venue.
- Promptly and accurately investigating and reporting on any accidents, incidents or near misses.
- As required, conducting incident investigations, collating evidence and completing MG documentation, ensuring completion within timescales set out in MG policies and procedures.
- To ensure all contracted services meet the relevant Health & Safety requirements.
- At least 1-year’s experience in a senior cleaning role.
- At least 2-years’ experience working in a leisure, visitor attraction, entertainment or hospitality setting.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving cleaning audit targets.
- Solid track record of delivering exceptional customer service standards.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety.
- Ability to inspire and effectively lead a small and diverse team.
- Flexible approach to working including regular late night and weekend shifts.
- Possess laser-guided attention to detail and extremely high standards.
- Experience of working in a busy competitive socialising venue.
- Experience of working in medium to large sized events.
- Possess an IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification.
- Comfortable with working in a high-pressured environment where no 2 days can be the same.