Attractions Assistant Manager - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: Attractions Assistant Manager
Location: Canary Wharf, London, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible to: Attractions Manager, Canary Wharf, London
Responsible for: Attraction Supervisor, Attraction Team Leaders, Attraction Trainer and Attraction Operators
Salary: Depending on experience.
Main Purpose/Function of Job
The Attractions Assistant Manager’s primary role is to support the Attractions Manager to oversee the smooth, safe and effective delivery of the attractions operations at the venue. They will work with and provide operational support to the Attractions Manager and senior attractions team to ensure the customer experience is maximised and the team are fully focussed on delivering exceptional service in every area of the attractions department. The Attractions Assistant Manager will adopt a ‘hands on’ approach to the role combining technical know-how of the department and ensuring all attractions remain fully operational and pristine for customers at all times. You will act as a point of contact and responsible person for Health & Safety and staff training in the area. You will deputise for the Attractions Manager is his / her absence.
Reporting directly to the Attractions Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the attractions operations and provide support to the attractions team. Responsibilities include overseeing, but not limited to, the attractions department and providing strong leadership and guidance in all aspects of the attraction provisions. In the absence of the Attraction Manager, you will act as the first point of contact for staff and customers in the venue, along with ensuring that the site is safe for all staff and guests.
- To work under the supervision of the Urban Playground Attractions Manager.
- To work closely with the senior managers and wider team to provide effective support to promote the delivery of world class attractions facilities and outstanding customer service in the wider venue.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of attractions departments and technical operations on The Cube.
- Where necessary, undertake 1:1 evaluations of the senior team and staff and provide ongoing feedback in a constructive and professional manner to improve staff performance.
- Ensure the department maintains adequate stock holding levels of all equipment and consumables.
- Meet all daily, weekly and monthly deadlines as set out by the Attractions Manager and General Manager.
- To deputise for the Attractions Manager and senior team when required.
- To ensure staff provide all customers with outstanding customer service standards and a world class venue at all times.
- To act as the responsible person and venue lead in the absence of the Senior Management Team.
- Ensure written policies and processes are implemented, giving feedback on what works operationally to improve the attraction operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Prepare daily / weekly / monthly reports for the Attractions Manager and General Manager.
- To ensure all daily, weekly and monthly cleaning and maintenance checklists are completed satisfactorily.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues before they adversely impact the customer experience.
- To effectively work in a fast-paced, highly technical and dynamic environment giving detailed and reliable operational leadership support to the Attractions Manager and wider venue.
- Assist and support the departmental teams in the venue by being visible, accessible and proactive.
- In conjunction with the Attractions Manager, carry out performance reviews and appraisals with the team.
- In conjunction with the maintenance department, lead and liaise with suppliers and sub-contractors regarding site visits and any work that is undertaken, which should minimise any disruption to the attractions and inconvenience to customers.
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. profit decline, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors).
- Oversee labour budgets and optimise expenditure, including the achievement of GP targets and other agreed KPIs.
- Work with the Attractions Manager to evaluate and improve operational and financial performance of the venue.
Responsibilities for Human Resource management and development
- Working alongside the Attractions Manager, maintain consistent high standards of staff training and ongoing development.
- Assist with the recruitment and induction of new employees in conjunction with the senior team.
- Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- To work with the technical team to assist with the development of The Cube live experience and Putters tech-infused mini-golf.
- In conjunction with the maintenance team, lead on the organisation, monitoring and coordination of all pre-planned and reactive maintenance, and statutory compliance.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Ensuring the planning and smooth delivery of group bookings in line with the relevant procedures, host scripts and the correct use of all equipment.
- To work with Attraction Manager to develop and improve the group booking experience.
- Regularly report on staff performance and customer feedback.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- Liaise with the General Manager and head office regarding suggestions and ideas to improve the marketing of the attractions.
- To assist with the implementation of marketing activities in the venue.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Oversee, coordinate and follow Health & Safety regulations and internal centre rules, along with regular training for operational staff.
- Work with the senior team to ensure all Health & Safety procedures are effectively managed and monitored, along with the achievement of optimum audit scores.
- Ensuring staff follow all health and safety regulations and venue rules.
- Promptly and accurately investigating and reporting on any accidents, incidents or near misses.
- At least 3-years’ experience of working in a hospitality / leisure / entertainment venue.
- At least 1-years’ experience working in a supervisory or management role.
- The ability to lead and maintain well organised, structured and coordinated venue operations.
- To be a technical expert at a senior level to oversee the attractions.
- To be equipped with the skills and experience to train and mentor staff to deliver a world class customer experience.
- It is essential that you are a strong leader and posses the ability to effectively manage staff at all levels.
- Possess outstanding organisation and communication skills and great customer care attributes.
- Good levels of business acumen and experience of overseeing P&Ls, and GP and labour margins.
- Excellent technical skills and strong understanding of IT and Microsoft Office are essential.
- Flexible approach to work, including willingness to work evenings, weekends, late night or overnight shifts, and / or holidays.
- Big personality with the ability to motivate people and lead from the front.
- General understanding of basic HR procedures.
- Experience of working in a busy competitive socialising venue.
- Experience of working with sound, lighting attractions-based technology.
- Experience of working in a multi-faceted food and beverage operations.
- Experience of managing small and medium sized events.
- Possess an IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification.
- Educated to degree level in business, hospitality or leisure.