Cleaner - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: Cleaner – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
Location: Canary Wharf, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible to: Front of House Manager, Cleaning Manager, Cleaning Supervisor Manager – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf
Main Purpose/Function of Job: Cleaner of a premium competitive socialising and entertainment attraction located in the heart of Canary Wharf’s busy business district.
- Providing high performing cleaning services for the venue and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring efficient maintenance of customer service, experiential and cleaning quality standards that are reflected, and increasing repeat business.
- To work closely with the senior cleaning team to promote the delivery of a world class cleaning operation with outstanding attention to detail.
- To work with the senior cleaning team to effectively control chemicals and disposable items to minimise wastage.
- To ensure the adherence to stringent cleaning, food safety and HACCP procedures are followed that create high levels of presentation and best practice, supporting the achievement of a 5-star food hygiene Scores on the Doors rating.
- Ensuring the implementation and adhered to all cleaning systems and checklists.
- Working closely with the cleaning and front of house departments of 15+ staff to create and maintain a high performing and cohesive team.
- Having responsibility for day-to-day cleaning remit and customer service whilst on shift.
- Ensuring the cleaning remit is operating in line with MG requirements.
- To work closely with the senior cleaning team to contribute quality ideas to develop and improve the cleaning operations and overall customer experience.
- Adhering to all operational policies and procedures provided by the senior cleaning team.
- Providing feedback on policies and procedures for improved operational effectiveness of;
- Floor service.
- Ensuring that cleaning stock level systems are supervised and monitored appropriately.
- Ensure the consistent high standards of the cleaning specifications and adherence to venue guidelines.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the cleaning service maintains good levels of communication and cohesion.
- Closely adhering to the brand guidelines for all aspects of the cleaning service.
- Working constructively with the senior cleaning team to implement the findings of mystery shopper visits, spot checks, surveys and other feedback, including reviews.
- Trouble shooting and suggesting creative solutions to any arising issues.
- Ensure all Health & Safety and HACCP procedures are effectively adhered to.
- To consistently achieve the performance criteria for the Mystery Shopper scheme.
- Efficiently supporting the implementation of cleaning operational initiatives and budgets defined by the Cleaning Manager.
Responsibilities for Human Resource management and development
- Working with the senior team to promote positive morale amongst staff working in the cleaning team.
- Proactively aiming for resolution of any staff complaints or grievances within the chain of command.
Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- Supporting the smooth operation of all IT infrastructure and EPOS systems.
- Quickly identifying technical issues, accurately reporting them via the shared online system.
- Suggesting changes that can deliver efficiency improvements in the operation of the cleaning department and the wider venue.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of the cleaning service for group bookings in line with the client’s event requirements and operational procedures.
- Ensuring high levels of cleaning standards, customer satisfaction and repeat bookings.
- Regularly report on customer feedback.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- Liaise with the senior cleaning team regarding suggestions and ideas to improve the marketing of the venue.
- To assist with the implementation of marketing activities in the wider venue.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Ensuring adherence to all health and safety regulations, HACCP and departmental rules.
- Ensuring compliance with all staff training systems.
- At least 1-year’s experience in a cleaning role.
- Solid track record of delivering exceptional customer service standards.
- Flexible approach to working including regular late night and weekend shifts.
- Possess laser-guided attention to detail and extremely high cleaning standards.
- Comfortable with working in a busy environment where no 2 days can be the same.
- The ability to work well with customers and colleagues alike.
- Experience of working in a busy competitive socialising venue.
- Experience of working in multi-faceted food and beverage operations.
- Experience of working in medium to large sized events.
- At least 1-years’ experience working in a leisure, visitor attraction, entertainment or hospitality setting.