Bar Team Leader - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: Bars Team Leader – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
Location: Canary Wharf, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible to: Bars Manager and Bars Supervisor – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf
Responsible for: Bar Tenders and operational staff.
Main Purpose/Function of Job: Bars Team Leader of a premium competitive socialising and entertainment attraction located in the heart of Canary Wharf’s busy business district.
- Ensuring high performing operational leadership of the 6 venue bars, and the maximisation of revenue generation, and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring efficient customer throughput, maintenance of customer service, experiential and bar quality standards that are reflected, and increasing repeat business.
- To work closely with the senior bars team and wider team to provide effective support to promote the delivery of a world class bar operation with outstanding food and drink.
- To work with the senior bars team to effectively supervise cost of goods wet and disposable items to optimise gross profit performance and minimise wastage.
- To work with the senior bars team to oversee the stringent cleaning, food safety and HACCP procedures that create high levels of presentation and best practice, supporting the achievement of a 5-star food hygiene Scores on the Doors rating.
- Ensuring the implementation of high quality cocktails and menu that achieve the agreed specifications and service standards.
- Working with the senior bars team regarding supervising, motivating and managing for performance a bar team of 20+.
- Having responsibility for day-to-day operations of the bars whilst on shift including line management of the bar tenders in addition to other staff.
- Ensuring the bars are open and operating in line with MG requirements.
- To work closely with the senior bars team to contribute quality ideas to develop and improve the bar operations and overall customer experience.
- Implementing all operational policies and procedures provided by the senior bars team.
- Providing feedback on policies and procedures for improved operational effectiveness of;
- Maintenance and cleaning.
- Health & Safety
- Group Bookings.
- Floor service.
- EPOS, booking, ticketing, ordering and other systems.
- Ensuring that wet stock level systems are supervised and monitored appropriately.
- Ensuring bar operations hold adequate, but efficient, levels of stocks and minimise wastage.
- Working alongside the senior bars team, ensure the team maintain consistent high standards of the bar and cocktail menus and adhere to venue guidelines.
- Under the direction of the senior bars team, ensuring regular stock takes are planned and carried out in line with venue guidelines.
- Ensuring the bars remain well-maintained, clean and achieves the daily requirements of all operational procedures.
- With the senior bars team, set goals for growth and consider innovative changes to services and menus in-line with venue guidelines.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the F&B service is closely coordinated and cohesive.
- Working with the senior bars team to assist with the development of high quality and innovative cocktails and menu creation.
- Closely adhering to the brand guidelines for all aspects of bar and cocktail service.
- Under the guidance of the senior bars team, assist with the training of new employees in conjunction with MG guidelines.
- Working constructively with the senior bars team to implement the findings of mystery shopper visits, spot checks, surveys and other feedback, including reviews.
- Trouble shooting and suggesting creative solutions to any arising issues.
- Work with the senior bars team to ensure all Health & Safety and HACCP procedures are effectively monitored, along with the achievement of 5-star food hygiene ratings.
- To consistently achieve the performance criteria for the Mystery Shopper scheme.
- Efficiently supervising on the implementation of bar operational budgets defined by the Bars Manager.
- This will require proactive minimisation of costs and expenses, including the effective use of operational procurement systems and stock management.
- Support with monitoring agreed labour budgets and optimise expenditure, including the achievement labour margins and other agreed KPIs.
Responsibilities for Human Resource management and development
- Assist with the training of new employees maintaining a full staff cohort.
- Ensuring employees work productively and have opportunities to develop within the bars and wider venue.
- Under the guidance of the senior bars team, ensure the cost effective deployment of operational staff.
- Maintaining a positive morale amongst staff working in the bars ensuring high levels of employee satisfaction, performance, and retention.
- Aiming for resolution of any staff complaints or grievances within the chain of command, while providing a clear route for escalation to the Bars Manager if required.
Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- Supporting the smooth operation of all IT infrastructure and EPOS systems.
- Quickly identifying technical issues, accurately reporting them via the shared online system, and pursuing their timely resolution.
- Suggesting changes that can deliver efficiency improvements in the operation of the bars and the wider venue.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of bar service for group bookings in line with the client’s pre-order and event requirements, and operational procedures.
- Ensuring high levels of drinks dispensing, customer satisfaction and repeat bookings.
- Regularly report on staff performance and customer feedback.
- Working closely with the senior bars team to develop the group booking drink packages.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- Liaise with the senior bars team regarding suggestions and ideas to improve the marketing of the bars.
- To assist with the implementation of marketing activities in bars and wider venue.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Ensuring staff follow all health and safety regulations, HACCP and bar rules.
- Contributing to risk assessments and COSHH developed internally with statutory and other third-parties, for all departments.
- Contributing to and ensuring compliance with all staff training systems.
- Ensuring adherence to Licensing legislation and specific licensing conditions relating to the venue.
- Maintaining accurate records of all security staff working times and certification whilst in the venue.
- Promptly and accurately investigating and reporting on any refusals, accidents, incidents or near misses.
- As required, conducting incident investigations, collating evidence and completing MG documentation, ensuring completion within timescales set out in MG policies and procedures.
- Working with the senior bars team to ensure there is adequate security staff to meet the licensing requirements and conditions placed on the venue by the licensing authority.
- At least 1-year’s experience in an Supervisor or Team Leader role.
- At least 2-years’ experience working in a leisure, visitor attraction, entertainment or hospitality setting.
- At least 2-years’ experience directly working in bar operations.
- Excellent understanding of cocktail service and bar service.
- Solid track record of delivering exceptional customer service standards in a Supervisor or Team Leader role.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and very comfortable with technology.
- Ability to inspire and effectively lead a large and diverse team.
- Flexible approach to working including regular late night and weekend shifts.
- Possess laser-guided attention to detail and extremely high standards.
- Comfortable with working in a high-pressured environment where no 2 days can be the same.
- Big personality with the ability to motivate people and lead from the front.
- Personal Licence Holder.
- Experience of working in a busy competitive socialising venue.
- Experience of working in multi-faceted food and beverage operations.
- Experience of working in medium to large sized events.
- Possess an IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification.
- Educated to degree level in business, hospitality or leisure.
- Experience of creating cocktail menus.