Attractions Supervisor - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: Attraction Supervisor– The Cube Live, Canary Wharf, London
Location: Canary Wharf, London, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible to: Attraction Manager
Responsible for: Attraction Team Leaders and operatives.
Main Purpose/Function of Job; To support the Attractions Manager to plan, organise and operationally supervise a busy attractions operation based within a popular, competitive retail attraction, and meet all financial, operational, service led and Health & Safety KPIs.
- To work under the supervision and direction of the Attractions Manager.
- To support the management of the day-to-day operations of The Cube and competently supervise the attractions staff.
- Ensure staff are effectively and efficiently deployed and aligned to the authorised roster, to meet the demands of the business.
- Deputise for the Attractions Manager / Assistant Manager in his / her absence and when required.
- Ensure exceptionally high standards of customer care are delivered by all staff at all times.
- Maintain consistently high operational standards of in respect of the provision of The Cube and adhere to Urban Playground guidelines.
- In conjunction with the Attractions Manager, continually develop the operational systems and procedures to ensure continual improvements are made.
- To ensure all cleaning systems are adhered to, and the attractions provisions are consistently well presented, hygienic and in good working order.
- Oversee the fault reporting and coordination of repairs and maintenance in the attractions department.
- Maintain effective stock controls of attractions apparatus and parts ensure adequate replacement stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure written policies and processes are implemented, giving feedback on what works operationally to improve the attractions operations every day.
- Ensure employees work productively and develop professionally.
- Effectively lead, direct and support the attractions team, and provide attractions cover when necessary.
- Evaluate and improve operations and service performance in an attractions context.
- Prepare reports for the Attractions Manager when required.
- Provide solutions to issues (e.g. complaints, employee conflicts, loss of business to competitors).
- In conjunction with the Attractions Manager, set goals for growth and consider innovative changes to the attractions provision within the venue guidelines.
- To ensure that all staffing levels are consistent with the authorised rota and agreed budget.
Responsibilities for Human Resource management and development
- When necessary, undertake 1:1 evaluations and provide ongoing feedback in a constructive and professional manner to improve staff performance.
- Assist the Attractions Manager with the recruitment and training of new employees.
- In conjunction with the Attractions Manager, assist with the employee assessment process both formally and informally, ensuring staff understand what is expected of them.
- To ensure that all staff absences and lateness are monitored and reported following the correct procedure.
Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- To oversee booking changes and refund requests in line with Urban Playground policies and procedures.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Ensuring the planning and smooth delivery of group bookings in line with the relevant procedures, host scripts and the correct use of all equipment.
- To work with Attraction Manager to develop and improve the group booking experience.
- Regularly report on staff performance and customer feedback.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- Liaise with the General Manager and head office regarding suggestions and ideas to improve the marketing of the attractions.
- To assist with the implementation of marketing activities in the venue.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Ensure staff follow health and safety regulations and internal venue rules.
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are effectively managed and monitored, along with the achievement of optimum audit ratings.
- At least 2-years’ experience in a management role and / or senior supervisory position.
- At least 2-years’ experience of working in a hospitality / leisure / entertainment role.
- The ability to effectively lead and support the implementation of well organised, structured and coordinated attraction operations.
- Posses a strong personality and the ability to effectively lead and manage operational staff.
- Possess outstanding organisation, planning and communication skills.
- To have exceptional customer care skills and a passion for customer service.
- Excellent technical skills and strong understanding of IT and Microsoft Office.
- Flexible approach to work, including willingness to work evenings, weekends, late night or overnight shifts, and / or holidays.
- Possess an exemplary sickness and punctuality record.
- Currently employed in a Team Leader or Supervisor position.
- Experience of working in a busy competitive socialising venue.
- Experience of working with sound, lighting attractions-based technology.
- Experience of working in a multi-faceted food and beverage operations.
- Experience of working with small and medium sized events.
- Possess an IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification.
- Educated to degree level in business, hospitality or leisure.