Bar Supervisors - THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
YOU’VE SEEN IT ON TV, NOW IT’S YOUR CHANCE TO TAKE ON THE CUBE.
In Spring 2024, THE CUBE is set to bring competitive socialising, cutting-edge technology, and premium food and drinks to Canary Wharf, with customers challenged with a variety of physical and mental games, all harder than they seem. Building on the success of THE CUBE Manchester, Canary Wharf aims to elevate the experience to the next level. With ambitious growth plans in place in the UK, we are actively seeking top-tier talent to join us in making THE CUBE the ultimate social destination at our next opening in London.
Job Title: Bars Supervsior – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf, London
Location: Canary Wharf, other sites for training and working if required
Responsible to: Bars Manager – THE CUBE at Canary Wharf
Responsible for: Bars Team Leaders and bars operational staff.
Main Purpose/Function of Job: Bars Supervisor of a premium competitive socialising and entertainment attraction located in the heart of Canary Wharf’s busy business district.
- Ensuring high performing operational management and financial efficiency of the 6 venue bars, and the maximisation of revenue generation, and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring efficient customer throughput, maintenance of customer service, experiential and bar quality standards that are reflected, and increasing repeat business.
- To work closely with the Bars Manager and wider team to provide effective support to promote the delivery of a world class bar operation with outstanding food and drink.
- To work with the Bars Manager to effectively procure and manage cost of goods wet and disposable items to optimise gross profit performance and minimise wastage.
- To work with the Bars Manager to implement and manage stringent cleaning, food safety and HACCP procedures that create high levels of presentation and best practice, supporting the achievement of a 5-star food hygiene Scores on the Doors rating.
- Developing high quality cocktails and menu creation that innovates and achieves the agreed specifications and service standards.
- Working with the Bars Manager regarding deploying, motivating and managing for performance a bar team of 20+.
- Having responsibility for day-to-day operations of the bars including line management of the Bars Team Leader in addition to other staff.
- Ensuring the bars are open and operating in line with MG requirements.
- To work closely with the Bars Manager to contribute quality ideas to develop and improve the bar operations and overall customer experience.
- Implementing all operational policies and procedures provided by the Bars Manager.
- Providing feedback on policies and procedures for improved operational effectiveness of;
- Maintenance and cleaning.
- Health & Safety.
- Group Bookings.
- Floor service.
- EPOS, booking, ticketing, ordering and other systems.
- Ensuring that wet stock level systems are managed appropriately.
- Ensuring bar operations hold adequate, but efficient, levels of stocks and minimise wastage.
- Working alongside the Bars Manager, maintain consistent high standards of the bar and cocktail menus and adhere to venue guidelines.
- Under the direction of the Bars Manager, assist in producing daily, weekly and monthly stock and transaction reports to ensure the correct reconciliation of all purchases and stock management.
- Ensuring regular stock takes are planned and carried out in line with venue guidelines.
- Ensuring the bars remain well-maintained, clean and achieves the daily requirements of all operational procedures.
- With the Bars Manager, set goals for growth and consider innovative changes to services and menus in-line with venue guidelines.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure the F&B service is closely coordinated and cohesive.
- Working with the Bars Manager to develop high quality and innovative cocktails and menu creation.
- Closely adhering to the brand guidelines for all aspects of bar and cocktail service.
- Under the guidance of the Bars Manager, assist with the recruitment and training of new employees in conjunction with MG guidelines.
- Working constructively with the Bars Manager to implement the findings of mystery shopper visits, spot checks, surveys and other feedback, including reviews.
- Trouble shooting and suggesting creative solutions to any arising issues.
- Work with the bars team to ensure all Health & Safety and HACCP procedures are effectively managed and monitored, along with the achievement of 5-star food hygiene ratings.
- In conjunction with the maintenance team, assist with the organisation, monitoring and coordination of all pre-planned and reactive maintenance, and statutory compliance in the bars.
- To consistently achieve the performance criteria for the Mystery Shopper scheme.
- Efficiently implementing and reporting on bar operational budgets defined by the Bars Manager.
- This will require proactive minimisation of costs and expenses, including the effective use of operational procurement systems and stock management.
- Support with overseeing labour budgets and optimise expenditure, including the achievement of GP targets, labour margins and other agreed KPIs.
Responsibilities for Human Resource management and development
- Assist with the recruitment and training of new employees maintaining a full staff cohort.
- Ensuring employees work productively and have opportunities to develop within the bas and wider venue.
- Under the guidance of the Bars Manager, ensure the cost effective deployment of operational staff.
- Under the direction of the Bars Manager, support the planning and delivery of at least monthly supervision meetings and at least six-monthly performance appraisals with all direct reports, providing feedback in a constructive and professional manner to improve staff performance, and ensuring that direct reports cascade this activity to an appropriate level.
- Monitoring staffing levels and ensuring full-time permanent employee numbers remain appropriate, sufficient and in line with departmental requirements.
- Maintaining a positive morale amongst staff working in the bars ensuring high levels of employee satisfaction, performance, and retention.
- Aiming for resolution of any staff complaints or grievances within the chain of command, while providing a clear route for escalation to the Bars Manager if required.
Responsibility for IT Infrastructure, Booking Systems, Ticketing and POS Systems
- Supporting the smooth operation of all IT infrastructure and EPOS systems.
- Quickly identifying technical issues, accurately reporting them via the shared online system, and pursuing their timely resolution.
- Suggesting changes that can deliver efficiency improvements in the operation of the bars and the wider venue.
Responsibility for Corporate & Group Bookings
- Ensuring the planning and smooth delivery of bar service for group bookings in line with the client’s pre-order and event requirements, and operational procedures.
- Ensuring high levels of drinks dispensing, customer satisfaction and repeat bookings.
- Regularly report on staff performance and customer feedback.
- Working closely with the Bars Manager to develop the group booking drink packages.
Responsibilities for Marketing & Communications
- Liaise with the Bars Manager regarding suggestions and ideas to improve the marketing of the bars.
- To assist with the implementation of marketing activities in bars and wider venue.
Responsibility for Safety and Compliance
- Under the guidance of the Bars Manager, ensuring the bars have appropriate levels of Fire Warden and First Aid trained staff.
- Ensuring staff follow all health and safety regulations, HACCP and bar rules.
- Contributing to risk assessments and COSHH developed internally with statutory and other third-parties, for all departments.
- Contributing to and ensuring compliance with all staff training systems.
- Ensuring adherence to Licensing legislation and specific licensing conditions relating to the venue.
- Maintaining accurate records of all security staff working times and certification whilst in the venue.
- Promptly and accurately investigating and reporting on any refusals, accidents, incidents or near misses.
- As required, conducting incident investigations, collating evidence and completing MG documentation, ensuring completion within timescales set out in MG policies and procedures.
- Working with the Bars Manager to ensure there is adequate security staff to meet the licensing requirements and conditions placed on the venue by the licensing authority.
- At least 2-years’ experience in an Assistant Manager or senior supervisory role.
- At least 3-years’ experience working in a leisure, visitor attraction, entertainment or hospitality setting.
- At least 2-years’ experience directly overseeing bar operations. Excellent understanding of cocktail service and menu development.
- Solid track record of delivering exceptional customer service standards in an assistant manager or senior supervisory role.
- Good understanding of Health & Safety management and statutory compliance obligations.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office and very comfortable with technology.
- Ability to inspire and effectively manage a large and diverse team.
- Flexible approach to working including regular late night and weekend shifts.
- Possess laser-guided attention to detail and extremely high standards.
- Comfortable with working in a high-pressured environment where no 2 days can be the same.
- Big personality with the ability to motivate people and lead from the front.
- Previous experience as a DPS.
- Experience of working in a busy competitive socialising venue.
- Experience of managing multi-faceted food and beverage operations.
- Experience of developing food and beverage menus that achieve optimal gross profit margins.
- Experience of managing medium to large sized events.
- Possess an IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification.
- Educated to degree level in business, hospitality or leisure.
- Experience of creating cocktail menus.